584,812 active members*
5,228 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Market For Used 1100M?

I don't use my 1100M much anymore, I was thinking of selling it but when I search online I don't seem to find many for sale or even a good place to list it. I emailed Tormach and they said Facebook Tormach group but I don't have a FB so I might have to have a friend list it on there.

Can anyone comment on the feasibility of selling it used and what to expect price wise? I paid about $23k for the package I got (full enclosure/stand, Rapid Turn deluxe, power draw bar) I think I have just about everything except the ATC. Would it be worth half of that used? It really doesn't have a lot of hours on it.

Thanks for any advice!

Re: Market For Used 1100M?

It might help if you said where you are in the world as prices will depend are where you are.

There are definitely a lot of posts on facebook with people bringing home new to them tormach's so there is definitely a used market out there. The supply chain issues that the world has been dealing with for the past couple years has hit Tormach as well so there are people wanting machines that haven't been able to get them new. I would suggest either getting on facebook, or using your friend's account as you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    It might help if you said where you are in the world as prices will depend are where you are.
    My bad, I live in North Carolina, kinda by Raleigh.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Wound_Channel View Post
    I don't use my 1100M much anymore, I was thinking of selling it but when I search online I don't seem to find many for sale or even a good place to list it. I emailed Tormach and they said Facebook Tormach group but I don't have a FB so I might have to have a friend list it on there.

Can anyone comment on the feasibility of selling it used and what to expect price wise? I paid about $23k for the package I got (full enclosure/stand, Rapid Turn deluxe, power draw bar) I think I have just about everything except the ATC. Would it be worth half of that used? It really doesn't have a lot of hours on it.

Thanks for any advice!
    I'd say 1/2 price for a good condition 1100M would be a great deal for the buyer, barring complications like fishing it out by hand from a basement or something.

Quote Originally Posted by shred View Post
    I'd say 1/2 price for a good condition 1100M would be a great deal for the buyer, barring complications like fishing it out by hand from a basement or something.
    No I have a gantry crane in my shop so I can load it onto my trailer and take it to somewhere that has a forklift or load someone else's trailer / truck.

Depending on how many toolholders you have as well, It could be worth in the $15-18k range I would think, looking at what people are listing them for. Now list price isn't sale price of course. But looking at eBay history on the 1100 sized machines, man they are selling quick and for a good price for the seller.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyGDog View Post
    Depending on how many toolholders you have as well, It could be worth in the $15-18k range I would think, looking at what people are listing them for. Now list price isn't sale price of course. But looking at eBay history on the 1100 sized machines, man they are selling quick and for a good price for the seller.

I bought a ton of tool holders and end mills and stuff, superfly and a bunch of the TTS holders and all that. I was going to list it for 12k, now you have me rethinking lol

I think it is all about how quick do you want to get rid of it? ebay and the Tormach Used Sales page on Facebook are the two most popular places for sales. I know you don't have an account there, but it might be worthwhile as people there know what these machines can do and the value of the equipment. Food for thought. Don't price yourself out of market, but also don't sell yourself short.

HGR has 2 1100 series 3's for $10000 each.

i don't know the original price, they have changed drastically in the last 2 years, this one is non enclosed, r8, steppers.

HGR pricing would be considered low (surplus untested, not under power).

I really appreciate the info guys, my friend is going to put it on FB for me, fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Wound_Channel View Post
    I really appreciate the info guys, my friend is going to put it on FB for me, fingers crossed.
    Did you sell this machine?

Thank you
    Christian