584,808 active members*
4,918 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > G-Code Programing > Combine standard gcode onto a fixture w/ 9 independent parts?

Arrow Combine standard gcode onto a fixture w/ 9 independent parts?

I have a fixture assigned to g56, and that fixture engraves 9 individual plates at a time. Each with a unique design.

Currently, to create toolpaths I import whatever 9 designs into the same folder (dxf). I then open my cam program (vetric cut2d), and import using one of their tools which atomatically spaces the dxf's out with the correct spacing according to my fixture. Each dxf file has the same size rectangle around the design to allow this behavior. I then select the appropriate geometry, create a toolpath, then export.

Is there a better way I could be doing this? It seems like I should be able to generate gcode for each file individually and somehow combine them into a single file with offset instructions. I simply don't know what to search however. Can someone give me a lead?

Thanks in advance for whatever insight you may be able to give!

Re: Combine standard gcode onto a fixture w/ 9 independent parts?

hy i can develop custom software

if you wish, show your curent workflow, then what you wish to change, so to have a clue / kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Quote Originally Posted by blitz355 View Post
    I have a fixture assigned to g56, and that fixture engraves 9 individual plates at a time. Each with a unique design.

Currently, to create toolpaths I import whatever 9 designs into the same folder (dxf). I then open my cam program (vetric cut2d), and import using one of their tools which atomatically spaces the dxf's out with the correct spacing according to my fixture. Each dxf file has the same size rectangle around the design to allow this behavior. I then select the appropriate geometry, create a toolpath, then export.

Is there a better way I could be doing this? It seems like I should be able to generate gcode for each file individually and somehow combine them into a single file with offset instructions. I simply don't know what to search however. Can someone give me a lead?

Thanks in advance for whatever insight you may be able to give!
    You can't get it easier than you are doing it, when you split it up into separate operations / programs you can use a different work offset for each part, you could also in Cut2D, just select one part at a time and have each part with a separate program, so once you lay it out, then just do each operation separate
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by blitz355 View Post
    It seems like I should be able to generate gcode for each file individually and somehow combine them into a single file with offset instructions.!
    easily done with a g52