585,690 active members*
4,817 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > SYIL X5 Combo not working right!

SYIL X5 Combo not working right!

Hi!
    I currently work in lab that has an old version of Syil X5 combo. The machine has been acting weird lately, When I run the same code many times the result is always different. Sometimes it does as it coded perfectly, sometimes it shifts in the y axis, sometimes in the x axis. Other times the lines are not aligned. I do not what to do, and I need to start working in this machine during the summer. Thank you in advance!

Re: SYIL X5 Combo not working right!

Sounds like you might have some EMI noise issues. Try running the code with the spindle turned off, so you are doing an air cut. Do it several times and see it the runs all look identical. Sometimes you can put a permamarker in the Spindle and market a program that goes to Z zero so it can draw on paper to see if all run look the same. If they do you probably have a spindle noise issue

Re: SYIL X5 Combo not working right!

I checked the machine yesterday, and found that a wire in the Y-axis driver is loosen, so I tightened it. I will make air cuts today and observe it as you said. Thanks.