585,754 active members*
3,799 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Maintenance in General > SERVICE FOR CNC-MACHINES > Biesse Rover G5.12 Yaskawa AE50 Code

Question Biesse Rover G5.12 Yaskawa AE50 Code

We have had an incredibly experienced tech out for about a week working on various machine issues. The day after he leaves, we lose power to our G5.12 flattop router. We receive a Yaskawa flashing code of AE50 which is a mechatrolink communication issue from what I'm reading.

Our list of Biesseworks error codes read as follows:
    AXS 339> Axis not calibrated. Homing must be performed.
    AXS 830> Watchdog servodrive. Axis X 1
    AXS 796> Violation of digital operation protocol Axis X1
    AXS 830> Watchdog servodrive. Axis Xs 1
    AXS 830> Watchdog servodrive. Axis Y 1
    AXS 796> Violation of digital operation protocol Axis Y1
    AXS 830> Watchdog servodrive. Axis Z1 1
    AXS 796> Violation of digital operation protocol Axis Z1 1
    AXS 830> Watchdog servodrive. Axis Z2 1
    AXS 796> Violation of digital operation protocol Axis Z2 1
    PLC 375> Time-out during communication with a device ax.0
    PLC 372> HALT

Does this sound like a servo drive communication issue?

Re: Biesse Rover G5.12 Yaskawa AE50 Code

Yup, sounds like it can’t talk to servo drives. Check the power supplies and make sure they are putting out the right voltage.

I have been checking the servo drives and am getting a flashing error message on 5 of 6. The Majority are flashing with the AE50, a connection issue with Mechatrolink II. The single UY2U1 servo is flashing Pn-. I've checked the voltage, I have also reseated the connections to make sure it is not just a dusty port or bad seat. Any other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingApprentice View Post
    We have had an incredibly experienced tech out for about a week working on various machine issues. The day after he leaves, we lose power to our G5.12 flattop router. We receive a Yaskawa flashing code of AE50 which is a mechatrolink communication issue from what I'm reading.

Our list of Biesseworks error codes read as follows:
    AXS 339> Axis not calibrated. Homing must be performed.
    AXS 830> Watchdog servodrive. Axis X 1
    AXS 796> Violation of digital operation protocol Axis X1
    AXS 830> Watchdog servodrive. Axis Xs 1
    AXS 830> Watchdog servodrive. Axis Y 1
    AXS 796> Violation of digital operation protocol Axis Y1
    AXS 830> Watchdog servodrive. Axis Z1 1
    AXS 796> Violation of digital operation protocol Axis Z1 1
    AXS 830> Watchdog servodrive. Axis Z2 1
    AXS 796> Violation of digital operation protocol Axis Z2 1
    PLC 375> Time-out during communication with a device ax.0
    PLC 372> HALT

Does this sound like a servo drive communication issue?
    Check all the Mechatrolink Cables have a good connection to the drive and the hub, plus any other I/0 connections
    Mactec54

Thanks! I have ordered a Male to Male Usb cable to test out the USB cables in the servo daisy chain. I suspect that one of the USB cables have malfunctioned but should know tomorrow. Thanks for the input!

Thanks! I have ordered a Male to Male Usb cable to test out the USB cables in the servo daisy chain. I suspect that one of the USB cables have malfunctioned but should know tomorrow. Thanks for the input!
    USB cables, normally they are Ethernet cables??
    Mactec54

machtec54 is correct the mechatrolink communication is normally handled with Ethernet cables. This is because they wanted better noise immunity. Make sure you are looking at the right cables.

This version of Rover Gantry uses 2 USB cables at the top of each unit, Biesse said this isn't typical but is correct for this model. When hooking the new replacement cable into the UZ2U1 location then linking to the opposite end of that cable, it cleared 4 of the 6 servo drive errors. I tested the new cable on a different link and received no changes. After reinserting it into the original test location, no errors were cleared. I'm wondering if the servo drive/drives have some dust build up or some other cause for malfunctioning ports. Any thoughts?

This version of Rover Gantry uses 2 USB cables at the top of each unit, Biesse said this isn't typical but is correct for this model. When hooking the new replacement cable into the UZ2U1 location then linking to the opposite end of that cable, it cleared 4 of the 6 servo drive errors. I tested the new cable on a different link and received no changes. After reinserting it into the original test location, no errors were cleared. I'm wondering if the servo drive/drives have some dust build up or some other cause for malfunctioning ports. Any thoughts?
    Check the other servo drive cables
    Mactec54

After removing all of the USB cables, I have located the inner most plug, cleaned and secured. I was able to clear all but the X axis errors. When swapping the cables to test them, I get all AE50 errors. When I put them back in the position that yielded some positive results earlier, nothing. Being unable to determine if it is a problematic cable or port would require all new wiring, I suppose. If that doesn't yield anything positive, I will replace the longest cable connecting the drives to the back cabinet and see what happens. Does that sound like the logical next step?

After removing all of the USB cables, I have located the inner most plug, cleaned and secured. I was able to clear all but the X axis errors. When swapping the cables to test them, I get all AE50 errors. When I put them back in the position that yielded some positive results earlier, nothing. Being unable to determine if it is a problematic cable or port would require all new wiring, I suppose. If that doesn't yield anything positive, I will replace the longest cable connecting the drives to the back cabinet and see what happens. Does that sound like the logical next step?
    Some photos would be good, as this is a commination error that would normally only be cables, it's good that most of the faults cleared, with the cables you changed, seems strange that there would be more than one problem cable at the same time
    Mactec54