584,812 active members*
5,395 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Dmm Technology > DYN2 TTL Communication

Question DYN2 TTL Communication

Hello, has anybody had any luck connecting to a DYN2 drive with a non-DMM USB to TTL cable?

My genuine DMM communication cable is broken, and the non-DMM converters are much cheaper.

I have purchased one of these, but haven't had any luck connecting through DMM servo software. https://core-electronics.com.au/usb-...-pl2303hx.html

If someone has had luck getting this to work, or knows of what settings are required in windows device manager, that would be much appreciated!

Re: DYN2 TTL Communication

Quote Originally Posted by calmorey View Post
    Hello, has anybody had any luck connecting to a DYN2 drive with a non-DMM USB to TTL cable?

My genuine DMM communication cable is broken, and the non-DMM converters are much cheaper.

I have purchased one of these, but haven't had any luck connecting through DMM servo software. https://core-electronics.com.au/usb-...-pl2303hx.html

If someone has had luck getting this to work, or knows of what settings are required in windows device manager, that would be much appreciated!
    How old are your drives as this cable changed??

Can you do a photo of what your original cable is, the older cables are custom and there is nothing you can buy from someone else that will work
    Mactec54

The drive is a DYN2-TLA6S-00, bought in 2017. The cable serial number is:
    CA-MTUSB-FR1
    ED-1 0117A
    AC2 82901

CA-MTUSB-FR1
    ED-1 0117A
    AC2 82901
    The cable you have should work but you would need the plug for the drive to be wired correct, you can get a new cable from DMM or try and make the one you have work here is a video on how to use the cable once you have a com port connection

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNzTOfGnG50
    Mactec54

CA-MTUSB-FR1
    ED-1 0117A
    AC2 82901
    I said that cable should work, it may not match the converter that DMM is using in their cable that is why their cable costs more, the converter will be to suit their drive commutation so is a custom made cable
    Mactec54

I have purchased one of these, but haven't had any luck connecting through DMM servo software. gb whatsapp

Did you tried cable connectors?

I have purchased one of these, but haven't had any luck connecting through DMM servo software. https://core-electronics.com.au/usb-...-pl2303hx.html/fireboy and watergirl

Can you provide a picture of your original cable? Older cables are bespoke and cannot be replaced.

I think that you should get the DMM cable instead of a converted, sure the converter might be cheaper but you wouldn't get the same kind of responce the proper cable would get you. I got this from someone from my favorite Concrete repair in Fargo, ND

I've been wondering if you managed to make a comparison between the converter and the normal cable. I'm interested in seeing the differences between the two of them. Please tell me if you have that information so I can share it with the people from my favorite Air Conditioning Repair Gainesville Florida.

To connect to a DYN2 drive with a non-DMM USB to TTL cable:

Install drivers for the PL2303HX chip on your converter.
    Set the serial settings to 115200 baud, 8 data bits, no parity, and 1 stop bit.
    Check your connections and try communicating with the DYN2 drive through the DMM servo software.

I hope this helps! Boat Dock Repair Near Me

Haven't had luck with it either. Any advice greatly appreciated. Need for my fence

Some friends from my favorite wallpaper installer in phoenix tested this and they found out that it's better to use the cable rather that the converter because you get less loss that way.

Hello, Have you managed to test the difference between the adapter and the cable? My friends from Worthmann Roofing would like to know the difference. They did an amazing job repairing my roof so I would like to give them this info as a thanks.