585,744 active members*
4,021 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Parking spindle after job

I have a homebuilt PrintNC using UCCNC that I mill sheet aluminum with and I'd like to have the spindle park in a certain spot after running a job to facilitate material change. While I built this machine myself, I lack knowledge in the coding. Would I do this in UCCNC or in the post processor of my CAM program? I use Cam Bam and Vectric software for my CAD/CAM. Thanks for any help!

Mike

Re: Parking spindle after job

Quote Originally Posted by mchesney1 View Post
    I have a homebuilt PrintNC using UCCNC that I mill sheet aluminum with and I'd like to have the spindle park in a certain spot after running a job to facilitate material change. While I built this machine myself, I lack knowledge in the coding. Would I do this in UCCNC or in the post processor of my CAM program? I use Cam Bam and Vectric software for my CAD/CAM. Thanks for any help!

Mike
    Depends on how you want to do it, you can add it at the end of every program

In your program the last Z axis move, send your Z axis to where you what it to be above the part

G0Z------( This will be where you want the spindle to move to)
    G53X-------Y-------- (This can be anywhere you want your machine to go, either a negative or positive move
    Mactec54

Is there a way to do that in the PP so it would add it each time I generate code? I make a bunch of different access panels for experimental aircraft so each operation is a different batch of products that I nest and then generate the G-code for that run. Thank you for the suggestion either way!

Quote Originally Posted by mchesney1 View Post
    Is there a way to do that in the PP so it would add it each time I generate code? I make a bunch of different access panels for experimental aircraft so each operation is a different batch of products that I nest and then generate the G-code for that run. Thank you for the suggestion either way!
    If your PP can be changed then yes that is where you can do part of it, the Z axis move you can do that in your cam program as you make the program

You also have a button on your control that you can send it to park so you can set this up also and just press the park button at the end of your program, to park the machine where you want it
    Mactec54

Just setup Park 1 or Park 2 in the UCCNC profile to send it where you want it.

It's super easy. You find the profile folder and edit the correct macro, I forget what number it is, but you simply set the coordinates (in machine coordinates) and it will go there once you press the button. For example I use Park 1 to offset the table to make it easy to load my vise. No coding required.