584,854 active members*
4,180 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Hurco VMX50 Moves randomly in different axis during program

Hurco VMX50 Moves randomly in different axis during program

Hi

I am looking for some help. We can load the program into the machine and away it goes. But it does random things without throwing up an error. I could plunge 100 mm in Z, Re run the programme and it could drive 30 mm in Y. etc

Never in the same place. I have found that the cabinet door fans were not working and it was warm in the cabinet. Could this have anything to do with this error? or just be a coincidence?

i would be grateful for any help.

Re: Hurco VMX50 Moves randomly in different axis during program

Processor board could be getting hot making it do strange things

Re: Hurco VMX50 Moves randomly in different axis during program

The heat is surely the problem, i had many of cases like that, i recommend putting an AC unit on the electrical cabinet which is much cheaper than any part of CNC machine.
    The main problem is in the CPU board. When i first stumbled upon this kind of problem i was assuming it was motion board, but after checking with another motion board, all Z-axis cables replaced, and even tried with all new input boards the problem stayed the same.
    Only when i replaced the CPU board the problem was solved.
    After installing the AC unit i tried to put in the old CPU card that makes that problem and to this day it is still working perfectly after 3 years have passed.