I have a Yaskawa UAASKA-06CA1 spindle I am attempting to drive with a Durapulse GS3 VFD. The spindle motor is 4 pole and not permanent magnet. The data plate as well as online specs say nothing about the base frequency of the drive but it is listed as 200volts with speed rated at 1500/8000. When trying to run the spindle with 50hz or 60hz base frequency I cannot get it to spin properly so......... I tried 400hz base frequency which is the only other option with the GS3 drive.
When running at the 400hz 200volt settings at an output freq of 50hz the spindle rotates at 1500rpm with a no load current draw of 3amps and the drive is outputting 25volts.
@100hz the applied voltage is 50.6 and the current is 3.5A.
All the above values are when running Sensorless Vector mode. When running in V/hz mode the values are a bit higher.

I assume I should be running 266.66hz at 8000 rpm.
Would I be safe in setting up a custom V/hz based on 266.66hz @8000rpm and 200volts?
Assuming the above is correct that'd be about .75volts per hertz so I should be outputting more like 27.5volts at 1500rpm.
The custom V/Hz curve settings on the VFD calls for a minimum minimum frequency and voltage values. I assume that is not a straight linear curve down to 0 volts.
Can you suggest an appropriate minimum voltage and frequency.
My minimum required spindle speed is 500rpm so about 17hz. which suggests 12.5 volts. Should this be tweaked a bit higher?
Up to this point I have been very leery of screwing up my spindle. I have not yet tried anything but changing between v/hz and sensorless at the two output speeds at 50 and 100hz based on the 200v 400hz base settings tried above.

Thanks immensely for the information.

Erik