585,987 active members*
4,504 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > High Volume Wax Part Production Friendly Software

High Volume Wax Part Production Friendly Software

Hello,

I was looking for ideas on software that might be able to meet our foundries needs. We are looking to use a CNC router to serialize/ part mark some hard wax patterns. The issue is finding production-friendly software. Ideally, how I assume it would work is some fixture is created and loaded, the marking area is identified within the software, and the operator just has to input the product serial number, i.e., -01, -02, -03.

We currently have a router and accompanying software but it has its limitations - the operator has to set the z height every time they set up a new job which takes time. With the style router, it's proven difficult to fixture multiple parts at the same time because of how cumbersome to zero it out.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Additionally, any suggestions on software and hardware would be much appreciated - in reality, we aren't very limited when it comes to price range.

Re: High Volume Wax Part Production Friendly Software

That sounds like a difficult thing to do, mostly because of locating the area of the part to be marked and holding it there - wax is hard to hold onto. Is there any way you could just make a little wax tag and stick it on where it's needed? It would be simple to make a single slab with all your numbers engraved on it and channels between them, that you could mold and cast in wax, then cut up for individual tags that could be stuck onto your parts.
    Andrew Werby
    Website