584,863 active members*
4,813 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > CNC "do-it-yourself" > Ordering process for parts from BST Automation. Is this normal?

Ordering process for parts from BST Automation. Is this normal?

So I've communicated extensively with a representative from the BST Automation store and confirmed the items and their measurements for the motion components I need. We are now to the point where I make the payment.

I understand that there wouldn't be a selectable option on the store pages for my custom measurements. So the representative is saying I need to order items that are not the same lengths as what I'm asking for. I believe the goal is to make the total of the items that the Aliexpress BST Automation store page does offer, equal to the cost of my custom order, and both costs do indeed come out to be the same.

I'm just not sure how they handle it so that I don't actually receive the items that I literally checked out through Aliexpress with, and I do receive the custom order as it has been communicated. Maybe I provide the rep with my order number and he flags it as my custom order before shipment. I have just asked the rep such a question and I'm waiting to hear back, but the language barrier makes things challenging.

I just want to confirm that others have gone through a similar order process.

Re: Ordering process for parts from BST Automation. Is this normal?

Hi Moonshot - I have bought several lots of stuff from BST and it has always been perfect. In china if you order or pay through banks there are extra charges (customs) and paperwork to go through. By using the aliexpress shop to equal value of your items they sidestep lots of extra paperwork/cost... Peter

There is nothing wrong with paying for a slightly different item to match the price of a custom order. I have done so myself on Aliexpress.

Most Aliexpress sellers have no intention to deceive you. When in doubt, check the seller's feedback and see what his past customers say about their experience.

As for the language barrier, it definitely exists but rarely becomes a problem. When it does, it's usually because someone is deliberately using it as a barrier. On the other hand, I am not a native English speaker myself, so my view could be biased. :wave:

Okay thanks for the replies. I really had no reason to expect deception, it's just that I haven't made a custom order like this through Aliexpress before, and I haven't dropped this much money all at once on Aliexpress before either. So I was just being extra cautious.

Barrier is also the wrong word and makes it sound like I'm having a tough time communicating but really it's just that I have to put a little more time and thought into reading some of the responses, and I also try to use more direct and specific wording than I normally would.

Ultimately now the order is complete and I eagerly await the delivery!

You've already ordered so this is moot, but just to add to the general topic, I also ordered from BST Motion last year, they did the invoice similar (correct price but different items in the cart), and it worked out great. It was a large, complicated order. A few linear guide bearing blocks did come with the wrong preload but I contacted BST and they shipped correct replacements immediately. Happy customer

We produce DRO and linear scale, maybe it will help you, you can go to https://www.amazon.com/stores/HHXXOV...2?ref_=ast_bln
    view on
    Or on Whats: +8613528773691
    Contact me at [email protected], [email protected]

I have also had several good experiences ordering from BST motion. On the really custom orders like special selections for the sealing and scraper plates on Hiwin rail blocks they've been really helpful. I also ordered some other selection from Aliexpress to hit the same cost. The parts they've supplied have been good quality and what I asked for, well packed and in good order.