584,798 active members*
4,408 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Need Help! Brother TC229 cnc-620 spindle amplifier pinout.

Hybrid View

Need Help! Brother TC229 cnc-620 spindle amplifier pinout.

Hi All!

I have an old Brother TC229 control board (B52J057-1) with the 4 output connectors (20pin) for the X,Y,Z Axis and the Spindle. I know it belonged to a CNC-620 control system. I have the original spindle amplifier (Sanyo Denki PE0A150Mxxxc00) for the board and the spindle motor as well. Fortunately I have the power cable and encoder cable too, so actually I have everything I need.

I don't want to use the original board for controlling the amp and the motor, I'd like to use an other card using pulse/dir or analog (+- 10V) contol. But unfortunately I have no information, about the pinout of the I/O connector (CN1) of the amplifier! In the Sanyo Denki Pe manual, the CN1 connector is a 50 pin connector, but mine is just a 15 pin connector, so I can not figure out the pinout from the manual.

Can anyone explain or measure me the pinout of that CN1 I/O connector????
    I'm looking for pins like (SON (servo on), SG (ground),VCMD (analog velocity command)!

I"d be very thankful!

Re: Need Help! Brother TC229 cnc-620 spindle amplifier pinout.

A little update on the Thread!

I've already got the relation of the connctors and now I just need to figure out how I could use them to control the spindle drive.

NC Board ----- Spindle Drive (CN1)

1 ----- 1
    3 ----- 2
    5 ----- 3
    7 ----- 4
    10 ----- 5
    13 ----- 6
    n/a ----- 7
    n/a ----- 8
    2 ----- 9
    4 ----- 10
    6 ----- 11
    8 ----- 12
    11 ----- 13
    12 ----- 14
    9 ----- 15

I still don't know the control method is analog or digital!

Re: Need Help! Brother TC229 cnc-620 spindle amplifier pinout.

Update Again!

The control board with the 20 pin connectors for X,Y,Z drives and for Spindle is a Brother CNC-820 controller!!!!!!!!
    So the first information was totally wrong!