584,829 active members*
4,837 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > CNC Plasma / Oxy Fuel Cutting Machines > Connecting a Chinese Mobile CNC to an American Primeweld Plasma

Connecting a Chinese Mobile CNC to an American Primeweld Plasma

Hope someone can help.

I got a mobile CNC machine from China and an American Plasma from Primeweld.

The problem I have is that when I start the cut sequence the torch comes down and touches the metal and then retracts too far, and then just keeps lifting.

Without firing the torch the THC works perfectly.

I have done a lot of research and it seems my controller voltage is the issue. My Plasma machine can give 50:1 and 16:1, but the CNC is looking for 21:1.

How do I get around that?

Re: Connecting a Chinese Mobile CNC to an American Primeweld Plasma

OK quick update. Still not working.

I connected the plasma to the CNC 1:1 and had the best results so far but still not fixed.

I can start a cut and once the cut starts I have the manually adjust the torch height lower. Once that is done the cut is fine and the torch stays at the level and moves up and down with the contours of the metal.

Once that cut is completed and it moves to the next section of the cut then I have to quickly lower the torch again. This is driving me nuts.

I am thinking of buying an external THC that can be manually set. Any suggestions?

It may caused by the ARC height controller.
    In fact, this situation has little to do with the CNC cutting machine itself, so we don’t have to worry and complain blindly when we encounter this problem.
    Generally, there are four situations:
    1. Insufficient air pressure or low air flow. In the cutting process, the flow of the air compressor should be ensured, and some customers often ignore this detail; At this time, you only need to adjust the air pressure and replace the large air pipe or air compressor;
    2. The perforation time is too long. Setting the perforation time too long is also one of the reasons for arc breaking. Adjust the perforation delay accordingly. In fact, it is not necessary to set the perforation delay in many cases.

To know more,pls kindly view at: https://www.anhuigusheng.com/

Thanks for the reply.

Air pressure and flow are more than recommended by CNC and plasma.

I set the perforation time up and down and it doesn't make a difference.