584,842 active members*
4,641 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Vectric > Aspire g-code output

Aspire g-code output

Hi all, I’m brand new to this forum, looking forward to getting my new machine working way more effectively than my last one….
    Question, when I’m saving my tool paths as g-code (in Aspire) for my new machine (which runs from a Rich Auto b5x controller, it has an 8 tool atc and 4th axis rotary) which selection in the drop down menu should I be choosing? I have been able to have machine cut and do some basic stuff when I choose a generic TAP option, but it doesn’t seem optimal yet and figure I must be choosing an “almost compatible” option.
    Thanks! I got lots more question where this came from ????

Re: Aspire g-code output

Quote Originally Posted by raisinbag69 View Post
    Hi all, I’m brand new to this forum, looking forward to getting my new machine working way more effectively than my last one….
    Question, when I’m saving my tool paths as g-code (in Aspire) for my new machine (which runs from a Rich Auto b5x controller, it has an 8 tool atc and 4th axis rotary) which selection in the drop down menu should I be choosing? I have been able to have machine cut and do some basic stuff when I choose a generic TAP option, but it doesn’t seem optimal yet and figure I must be choosing an “almost compatible” option.
    Thanks! I got lots more question where this came from ????
    Try any of the Post Processors they have and choose one that is close to what you need then edit the Post Processor to how you want it to be for your control / machine, you may have to get Vectric to change what you need if you can't do it yourself most of their Post Processors are terrible.
    Mactec54

Try Mach2/3 ... ATC post processor.
    If needed be, you can easily modify post processor, it is a plain ASCII text an are not so terrible as mactec54 wrote
    Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by ZASto View Post
    Try Mach2/3 ... ATC post processor.
    If needed be, you can easily modify post processor, it is a plain ASCII text an are not so terrible as mactec54 wrote
    The Posts that are available have been very poorly formatted, if you know anything about G-Code formats you would know this.
    Mactec54

Cool thanks for the info peeps. Sadly I have a very basic understanding of gcode but as I dive deeper in sure I will understand and memorize more or how it’s working. (I want to switch over to fusion for cam at some point, I’m just stuck with the devil I kinda know for the moment).

Quote Originally Posted by raisinbag69 View Post
    Cool thanks for the info peeps. Sadly I have a very basic understanding of gcode but as I dive deeper in sure I will understand and memorize more or how it’s working. (I want to switch over to fusion for cam at some point, I’m just stuck with the devil I kinda know for the moment).
    Fusion does not have good formatted posts either so you will have to mod them also

There are not may G-codes that you will be using for basic machining so not much to learn
    Mactec54