584,817 active members*
5,124 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Mentors & Apprentice Locator > startup machine shop, need mentor, and investors , and more in huntsville alabama

startup machine shop, need mentor, and investors , and more in huntsville alabama

I am currently in the process of writing a business plan for a machine shop. I would like to be more than just a job shop. I would like to offer engineering, prototyping, and production capabilities. This is the first business plan i have ever tried to write, at present I am about 20% thru the plan. I am a cnc machinist/programmer and am posting this with hopes of finding some people who may be interested in helping to create this business. I need someone who is experienced with writing business plans, we will need 1 or more engineers, mechanical, electrical, etc. we will need someone who is experienced with government contract proposals, and also some investors, as a machine shop is very capital intensive. if you think you may be interested in helping with this project please reply thru email and let me know the extent of your interest and credentials and contact information. I hope realistically to be in business by july 2012. please, serious inquiries only.

If you are still interested please give me a call Ilmar Luik 256 828 5789.

Our business is to put young people into machine shop busiss. See our Web page www.teaching factory.

Re: startup machine shop, need mentor, and investors , and more in huntsville alabama

The machine shop business is a very tough one to make consistently profitable. Even legacy shops with all their tools paid for have a hard time keeping the cash flowing in; typically it's feast or famine. Most shops shy away from one-off prototype work because it's expensive to do with a lot of up-front costs that the aspiring inventor clients don't want to pay. I'd suggest starting a new thread, something like "Why did your machine shop go bankrupt?" The answers might help you navigate the common pitfalls.
    Andrew Werby
    Website