585,970 active members*
4,157 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Arrow 750 Aramatic 2100 HDD problem Please Help need backup

Exclamation Arrow 750 Aramatic 2100 HDD problem Please Help need backup

Hi there!
    Actually, the problem is that we have 1 arrow 750 machine with an aramatic 2100 stand in production.
    The problem is that it was once transferred to compact flash. This week I wanted to make a backup of the system, I took out a flash drive from the machine, inserted it into the card reader after that, I made a copy in the sector-by-sector copy mode through Acronis. But when I returned the flash drive back, I got a blue screen on the machine when it was turned on, error 0x000007b inaccessible boot device.
    I tried to write this backer to another flash drive but I get the same error.
    It turns out that the flash drive died when creating a backup and the backup was also created with error.

So. Please help me solve this problem.
    Maybe there are people on the forum who have arrow 750.
    I would be very grateful if someone sends me a backup of such a machine.

Re: Arrow 750 Aramatic 2100 HDD problem Please Help need backup

If you used a newer version of windows and your machine software is older then 4.0 sp6 then it upgraded to NTFS file system and the control will not see it. You must make a IMAGE of the drive and not a copy. You may need to contact FIVES and purchase a new flash drive. Do you know what version of windows you had, and how old is the machine?

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Quote Originally Posted by meckardt55 View Post
    If you used a newer version of windows and your machine software is older then 4.0 sp6 then it upgraded to NTFS file system and the control will not see it. You must make a IMAGE of the drive and not a copy. You may need to contact FIVES and purchase a new flash drive. Do you know what version of windows you had, and how old is the machine?

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services
    Hi i have a windows nt3.51 and nt detect V1.
    I made not a copy , i made a image of the drive i sector by sector mode.

When a newer version of Windows first encounters an NTFS volume, the operating system automatically
    updates that volume to the current NTFS version (NTFS 5). If an A2100 hard drive loaded with NT3.51
    or NT4.0 (SP3 or earlier) is connected to a newer Windows system for backup purposes, the downlevel
    Windows NT version will be updated. When the drive is re-installed in the control, a ‘blue screen’
    displaying a stop code with 'inaccessible boot device’ in the screen text will result.
    Drives loaded with NT4.0 Service Pack 4 or later are not affected.

This is the problem, I think you need a new drive.

As Meckardt said, if you plugged your hard drive into virtually any Windows PC to make the copy (or image), the file system is automatically updated which causes a problem for the A2100. I know of a couple companies that were able to restore the original FAT file system after this happened, but that was 10-15 years ago so very companies still have the knowledge/software needed to do it and I personally found it easier to just reformat and reinstall everything than to try to undo the file system change.

There were different software versions over the years which were not compatible across machines so saying you have a 750 isn't enough information for you to get the proper software. The fact that you had Windows 3.51 indicates you were likely running a release 2 version of the Acramatic software but I can't remember exactly when they switched to NT4.0, so can't say that for sure.

Do you know which A2100 software version you had? Do you have a backup of the machine dependent data? Do you have the code needed to unlock machine/control options (which is specific to each machine's control serial number)? If you have all of this you may be able to get by with a used hard drive (or image) that you can reconfigure for your machine. If not, your best options are to send your drive to someone that knows how to restore the original image and recover your data (if it is still possible), or buy a new hard drive for your machine as Meckardt suggested.

I did recently take an Arrow 750 out of service for a customer who is looking to sell the components, so depending on where you are could possibly sell you their hard drive if it is the correct software version.....but you would still need to configure it to make it compatible with your machine.

Thank you for answer.
    I solved my problem using a Copy HDD from another mashine withn the same windows nt loader and framework version + files that was on bad HDD.