Hi folks!

I just ordered a 5 x 10 Pro kit from Avid. This will be my second machine. My first one was a 6 x 12 DIY using Avid (CNC Routerparts) parts. I have attached a pic of my old 6 x 10. (sorry about the low resolution - I dont have the machine anymore so cant take a better pic). I'm interested in seeing how all you smart people set up your dust collectors. Do you mind taking a shot and posting it here?

Here's what I came up with: That setup, in the attachment works 'okay'. The machine is 6 x 10 and if you zoom in (and squint!) you'll see that I'm using 4" furnace duct from the dust collector, along the wall to the middle of the machine. From there, I used a length 4" flex hose (about 10 ft). That was long enough to allow the full range of motion of the router. To keep the hose up and out of the way, I hung it via bungie cord to a pulley that traversed a cable from back to front overhead the middle of the machine. This worked okay for a long time. Well enough that I'd implement the same setup on the new machine if I don't get any better ideas - I'm hoping that's where you come in!

Feel free to post/discuss whatever aspects of your system you want, but I'm more interested in the hose management. The dust shoe I had on that old machine was just a DIY made out of plywood with 2 1/2" soft plastic brush strip. Simple and functional. I've seen lots of great dust shoe designs and I think that topic gets covered a lot, but I don't see much about how everyone manages the rest of the system.