584,861 active members*
4,867 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > New Huanyang 1.5Kw spindle connector

Question New Huanyang 1.5Kw spindle connector

Hi!

I mangled the female connector for my spindle (The part that goes into the plug in the photos) during disassembly.

Does anyone happen to know where I can get a replacement (Preferably in EU)?
    At first I thought that it was just a standard GX connector but from what I can see GX16 is too small and GX20 too large.

As the title says it's a 1.5Kw spindle bought together with a Huanyang VFD.

I would prefer not having to replace the entire plug since I've had the black lid off to connect the 4th pin to ground and after that I sealed it with liquid gasket
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20220614_160216 (Small).jpg   20220614_160238 (Small).jpg  

Re: New Huanyang 1.5Kw spindle connector

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    Hi!

I mangled the female connector for my spindle (The part that goes into the plug in the photos) during disassembly.

Does anyone happen to know where I can get a replacement (Preferably in EU)?
    At first I thought that it was just a standard GX connector but from what I can see GX16 is too small and GX20 too large.

As the title says it's a 1.5Kw spindle bought together with a Huanyang VFD.

I would prefer not having to replace the entire plug since I've had the black lid off to connect the 4th pin to ground and after that I sealed it with liquid gasket
    You should not of used a gasket cement as this has 2 Orings need to seal the 2 water lines. if you check the dept of the Oring grove that should give you compression on the Orings

Plugs can be hard to find, you can always wire direct with crimp fittings. and use a Gland cable restraint
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Plugs can be hard to find, you can always wire direct with crimp fittings. and use a Gland cable restraint
    I hope I can find a better solution but I guess that could work as an alternative.

You should not of used a gasket cement as this has 2 Orings need to seal the 2 water lines. if you check the dept of the Oring grove that should give you compression on the Orings
    Yeah I couldn't really figure out if it was needed or not.
    I applied it because there was already some liquid gasket used on it. I had to use quite a lot of force to break the lid free due to the original gasket keeping it glued together.

I hope I can find a better solution but I guess that could work as an alternative.

Yeah I couldn't really figure out if it was needed or not.
    I applied it because there was already some liquid gasket used on it. I had to use quite a lot of force to break the lid free due to the original gasket keeping it glued together.
    There is normally no gasket between the 2 faces this would be a problem

I think some of the problem to remove to top is from paint, when they paint the top, it has some paint on that face and when it gets assembled the paint works like a glue and makes them hard to get off. if the Orings are thick enough and lubed with Oring lube this will do all the sealing that is needed
    Mactec54

There is normally no gasket between the 2 faces this would be a problem

I think some of the problem to remove to top is from paint, when they paint the top, it has some paint on that face and when it gets assembled the paint works like a glue and makes them hard to get off. if the Orings are thick enough and lubed with Oring lube this will do all the sealing that is needed
    In this case they had applied some sort of gasket or silicone. This is the best picture I have of it.

Do you happen to know what the dimensions are for the o-rings if I have to replace them?

In this case they had applied some sort of gasket or silicone. This is the best picture I have of it.

Do you happen to know what the dimensions are for the o-rings if I have to replace them?
    Yes, that is normal I think it's just like a paint, you need a longer screw for that Ground connection, Orings I have never replaced them so have not measured them, they will be metric so should not be hard to find just measure the outside and the thickness of the Oring the thickness / cross-section will give you the Oring size
    Mactec54

Yes, that is normal I think it's just like a paint, you need a longer screw for that Ground connection, Orings I have never replaced them so have not measured them, they will be metric so should not be hard to find just measure the outside and the thickness of the Oring the thickness / cross-section will give you the Oring size
    It had a rubbery consistency to it - Like some sort of silicone.

The picture was of a test fit for the ground connection. The screw went all the way through the nut after tightening.

Alright, I guess I'll have to disassemble the spindle to get the measurement.

Thanks so far!

It had a rubbery consistency to it - Like some sort of silicone.

The picture was of a test fit for the ground connection. The screw went all the way through the nut after tightening.

Alright, I guess I'll have to disassemble the spindle to get the measurement.

Thanks so far!
    Were there Orings in it when you took it apart?? I know others have had the same gunk on theirs as well, but the good ones don't have anything, the surfaces are machined and just have the Orings groves
    Mactec54

Were there Orings in it when you took it apart?? I know others have had the same gunk on theirs as well, but the good ones don't have anything, the surfaces are machined and just have the Orings groves
    Yeah it had orings aswell though I didn't notice any grooves for them.

Yeah it had orings aswell though I didn't notice any grooves for them.
    One face will have an Oring Grove / Pocket to keep the Oring in place the Oring should be above the surface by at least .020" /.030" Plus so when the 2 parts are fastened together you have Oring crush this will create the seal, don't forget Oring lube this helps the Oring to seat in the pocket
    Mactec54