584,800 active members*
4,389 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Spindle Is Confused

Hello,
    At Quinter High School in Quinter, KS we have this great machine. MultiCam MG Series 101 We just got our spindle back from the repair shop and now have this issue that we didn't have before the repair. The spindle thinks it has a tool chucked up when it does not. I can work around this issue by pushing the manual release and then return on the keypad. I have attached some pics of the issue. Any help would be appreciated.
    Here is our programs website, you can take a look at some the projects. Thanks Brian

QUINTER HIGH SCHOOL INDUSTRIAL ARTS - Home

Re: Spindle Is Confused

Quote Originally Posted by quinterschools View Post
    Hello,
    At Quinter High School in Quinter, KS we have this great machine. MultiCam MG Series 101 We just got our spindle back from the repair shop and now have this issue that we didn't have before the repair. The spindle thinks it has a tool chucked up when it does not. I can work around this issue by pushing the manual release and then return on the keypad. I have attached some pics of the issue. Any help would be appreciated.
    Here is our programs website, you can take a look at some the projects. Thanks Brian

QUINTER HIGH SCHOOL INDUSTRIAL ARTS - Home
    Check the sensors are correctly connected, sounds like they have been switched
    Mactec54

Mactec54,
    Thanks for the reply, those sensors are located at the top of the spindle by the fan? How do I know if they are switched? Brian

Mactec54,
    Thanks for the reply, those sensors are located at the top of the spindle by the fan? How do I know if they are switched? Brian
    Your control is telling you that there is something wrong with the sensor position

Disconnect one and see if anything changes, it may show a fault though, what did they do to the spindle, as they may just not have them adjusted in the right position
    Mactec54

Gotcha thanks, so the sensor may have to be turned a 1/4 turn or so? I located the sensors and they are plugged into the correct plugs. I will unplug one. Thanks for your help. This has been a great learning time for the kids and myself. Brian

Gotcha thanks, so the sensor may have to be turned a 1/4 turn or so? I located the sensors and they are plugged into the correct plugs. I will unplug one. Thanks for your help. This has been a great learning time for the kids and myself. Brian
    Not so much turning it, because it is working although it could be adjusted to far in, or the sensor maybe out of position completely, see if you can swap the (2) connectors also
    Mactec54