585,948 active members*
3,829 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > Some parts we have made with our SX3 mill

Some parts we have made with our SX3 mill

Hi,
    I wanted to post some pictures of some of the work we have done with our SX3 from SyilAmerica for anyone interested in this machine to check out. The parts are fairly simple, but I hope they will give an example of some of the capabilities of this machine. We have done milling, drilling, and engraving so far using Dolphin CAD/CAM PartMaster software to create the programs. I hope I get the picture sizes right. Any comments or suggestions are welcomed.
    Wes

very cool...enjoy it..

Your sincerely~
    xushuo
    Syil,china
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

Thanks for posting pictures!

I'd really like to see larger pictures if that is all possible. To see the detail of the work. Thanks!

Hi,
    I will post the larger pictures, if you want a different picture let me know which one you want to see, or I can do an individual part if you tell me which item you want to see in particular.
    Regards,
    Wes

Here is one of the engraving pics in a larger version.
    Wes

Thanks for posting them! On the nitro car(I assume). How many of the parts did you do with the Syil machine? Any clear close up pics of that I'd really appreciate. Thanks! I've been looking into getting a syil machine for some time now. and soon I'll finally be able to afford it. I just wish more people posted pics of work. Its really great to see. That and videos. I've only seen on good video so far on the Syil mills and that was just a circle. And I've seen the little machine shop has finally got a working version of Zbot to be sold soon. Which only makes things sweeter!!

Hi,
    We did them all on the Syil SX3, and the RC car parts are for the MiniLST nitro car. We have a Flame battery bracket for the nitro car also that my son made last week. I will try to get the picture of it and post it here. All of the parts in the pictures I posted were made with the SX3 in my garage. We have other parts in the design stages and some allready made for this project

Here is a close up of the chassis.
    Wes

Very cool parts you have made there. I am currently thinking of buying the SX3 mill as my first CNC mill for just such parts. Thanks for showing me what they are capable of.

Thanks for posting the pictures! What's your opinion on the SX3 from Syil? Are you planning to purchase a Zbot tool changer anytime in the future? You can find it at www.littlemachineshop.com. After months in not over a year. They finally have a working version with video of it in operation. I think its great for a small CNC mill like the SX3. Goes for around $1200 I think. But you also need to get tormachs quick change collets etc I believe as well. so you're looking at more like $1600+ to really be able to use it.

here's a link to the working video.
    http://littlemachineshop.com/video/ToolChangeDemo.mpg

Hi RedDog22,
    I have been looking at some tool change options and have seen the one at LittleMachineShop.com. It looks like a good option but I am not ready to invest into those types of improvements right now. I am contemplating getting the C6 lathe when I can, to add CNC lathe operations to my small shop and the 4th axis for the mill also. At this point I am very pleased with the performance of the SX3 mill and the support and service I have received from SyilAmerica and the attention to the customers that Syil has shown. Also the people who have bought these machines have shown on this forum a willingness to share their experiences and help one another with any problems that come along. This sharing of information and ideas can be priceless at times.
    Regards,
    Wes