584,837 active members*
5,493 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Amada Vipros dead zone

We bought a second hand Amada 2510C turret punch. We are starting to work with it and we would like to check if the dead zone sensors are fully functional.

From the electrical diagram I can see this is handled with 4 different switches named SQ35, SQ36, SQ37 and SQ38 for the different tool sizes. How is this system best safely checked ?

Re: Amada Vipros dead zone

So, answering my own question for some else´s reference , and maybe myself in the future. I may be not 100 % right so use your own criteria. Do not expect detailed info but general guidance here.

This information seems to be hidden or else I do not understand why there are so few references about this topic, and practically not a mention about it on the user´s manuals.

So this is what the electrical circuit shows:

Attachment 481054

The switches SQ35,36,37,38,39,41,49 and 50 are actually continuity sensors, not mechanical switches. These position sensors are in fact telling the CNC where the clamp is placed when the roller attached to the clamps shortcircuits two adjacent metal pieces of a bar which is placed along the X-axis which faces the turret.

Attachment 481056

Attachment 481058

If you get to the ladder, that can be accesed by touching the System key, and then the PMC and PMCLAD soft keys, you can browse through the different pages of the ladder. These workclamp position sensors appear on the first pages of the ladder circuit. Once you are there, manually moving the X-axis to a position where the clamps touch the sensing bar, yoo should be able to notice the places where the inputs to the CNC change.

Attachment 481062

In case these does not happen, first thing I would check is to see if the roller is working properly.