585,660 active members*
3,350 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Tool Changer making honking noise at end of tool change

Haas Tool Changer making honking noise at end of tool change

I have been having an issue on my umbrella style tool changer on my Super Mini Mill where there is a slight delay at the end of the tool change. I just changed my air solenoid valve ( labeled "A" on my photo )

That seems to help, but on about every 5th took change there is still a delay.

I took the cover off the part labled "C" and sprayed some mass air sensor cleaner inside that, and now I'm getting a honking noise at the end of the tool change. ( The best way I could describing his like a goose call )

I'm running an air dryer on my air lines.

Any suggestions ?

One other question.... The Part labeled "B" appears to be an adjustable regulator, I haven't touched that yet, but just wondering if thats something I should look at adjusting?

I have posted a video on Youtube showing the slight delay, and the honking noise.

https://youtube.com/shorts/OwzfPm1rCvA

Thanks,

Kent

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tool Changer.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	110.0 KB 
ID:	481188

Re: Haas Tool Changer making honking noise at end of tool change

could be the Humphrey valve screwed into the right side of the solenoid valve you have labeled C. the diaphragm inside is mostly likely junk. might check it out.

landy

Thanks Landy,

I swapped out the Humphrey Valve and that did the trick..... Back up and running at full capacity!

Thanks again...

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by kentdesautel13 View Post
    I have been having an issue on my umbrella style tool changer on my Super Mini Mill where there is a slight delay at the end of the tool change. I just changed my air solenoid valve ( labeled "A" on my photo )

That seems to help, but on about every 5th took change there is still a delay.

I took the cover off the part labled "C" and sprayed some mass air sensor cleaner inside that, and now I'm getting a honking noise at the end of the tool change. ( The best way I could describing his like a goose call )

I'm running an air dryer on my air lines.

Any suggestions ?

One other question.... The Part labeled "B" appears to be an adjustable regulator, I haven't touched that yet, but just wondering if thats something I should look at adjusting?

I have posted a video on Youtube showing the slight delay, and the honking noise.

https://youtube.com/shorts/OwzfPm1rCvA

Thanks,

Kent

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tool Changer.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	110.0 KB 
ID:	481188
    You should never use that type of cleaner on pneumatics, apart from the valves you replaced you may be near the time to do the main air cylinder and the Draw Bar as these need cleaning and new lube usually around the time the valves need replacing, a new Oring for the main Cylinder Piston is needed when you do this. you don't have to buy Haas parts for any of this repair
    Mactec54