584,802 active members*
4,995 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > CONTROL TECHNIQUES SPINDAX - What can I retrofit it with?

CONTROL TECHNIQUES SPINDAX - What can I retrofit it with?

We have four Cincinnati Arrow 500's with Control Techniques Spindax spindle drives model SA022. I thin it's a 22amp model?

I am no longer able to find replacement drives and our drive has been deemed unrepairable due to the damage on the main board.

It seems to me that it's a fairly simple drive and that we should be able to find something relatively inexpensive to retrofit it with.

Has anyone ever done this or does anyone have any suggestions on a manufacture's drive to look at?

Thank you.

Re: CONTROL TECHNIQUES SPINDAX - What can I retrofit it with?

I have not done a replacement for the Spindax drives, but have replaced a number of older spindle drives with new ones. It is not usually too difficult physically wiring it (although I know people that tried to do it themselves and crossed 24v in the machine with 110v in the drive and blew out a few thousand dollars of control components so be sure you know what voltage each signal is before getting started). The tedious part can be the tuning of the drive. The new drives I've worked with all have some form of auto tuning to get it started but can take a bit to get it where you want it (although most that I have replaced were 50+ HP spindle motors on HBMs and Lathes with gearboxes). Won't be at my shop all week but I'll see if I can dig up info on the Spindax and come up with a possible replacement when I get to the hotel tonight.

Spindax SA022 seems to have a fairly straightforward replacement but need a bit more info on your application to get the correct model. I'll send you a PM to see about getting the additional info.

Quote Originally Posted by maver1ck View Post
    Spindax SA022 seems to have a fairly straightforward replacement but need a bit more info on your application to get the correct model. I'll send you a PM to see about getting the additional info.
    Hi I have the same spindle drive and today drive has failed did you manage to help the other chap?

Quote Originally Posted by pfp View Post
    Hi I have the same spindle drive and today drive has failed did you manage to help the other chap?

OP ghosted after his initial post so it didn't go any further

Quote Originally Posted by maver1ck View Post
    OP ghosted after his initial post so it didn't go any further
    Sorry, I was down with Covid.

I am back and I will reply to PM now.

We produce DRO and grating ruler, maybe it will help you, you can go to https://www.amazon.com/stores/HHXXOV...2?ref_=ast_bln
    view on
    Or on Whats: +8613528773691
    Contact me at [email protected], [email protected]