584,808 active members*
5,295 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Hobbycnc (Products) > ethernet NVEM v2 Novusun mach3 board "device not ready" ?

ethernet NVEM v2 Novusun mach3 board "device not ready" ?

Hello.
    I have purchased a Ethernet NVEM v2 Card, pasted the plugin and xml file in the right folders but when i try to move an axis, mach3 just displays "device not ready" in the message box.

Any ideas on what i can do? I have also found a "bin file" online, but i don't know what to do with it.
    It's a shame because a 100€ card can't be easily connected to the PC, Novusun doesn't reply neither does the seller.. and i can't return it anymore.

Thank you for your help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WhatsApp Image 2022-06-24 at 2.12.03 PM.jpeg   WhatsApp Image 2022-06-24 at 2.12.02 PM (1).jpeg   WhatsApp Image 2022-06-24 at 2.12.02 PM.jpeg  

Re: ethernet NVEM v2 Novusun mach3 board "device not ready" ?

Hi,
    because Novosun has been caught repeatedly peddling pirate copies of Mach3 you will get zero support from the Mach Forum.
    To be honest you may think the controller is cheap, but if you cant get it to work and you cant get help from either the manufacturer or the seller then
    its not cheap at all, but a waste of money.

The .dll file must be installed in the Mach3 Plugins folder. Good luck

Craig

Re: ethernet NVEM v2 Novusun mach3 board "device not ready" ?

Should've read up on nvum/nvem controllers before hand.
    You would've been put off.
    They're copied left right and center, have zero support, bundled with pirate mach3 software and.. The dll plugins have not been updated for a very long time (pre win10). Getting them to work on the pc is 50//50 or less.

I'll admit I started with a pirate mach3 and parallel bob (that worked) to see if I liked messing with cnc equipment. I've now bought into UCCNC and a UC300eth and don't regret it.