584,837 active members*
5,406 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 3 123

Re: Mach3 Freezes

Quote Originally Posted by bbuster View Post
    Thank you, i will try that tomorrow.
    I use an old laptop so it could cause some issues. It is a HP Pavilion DV6 (1150ed) which i uses 10/15 years ago for my study.

I have one 24v power supply for the Mach3 board
    One 100v DC power supply for 4 stepper drivers (StepperOnline DM860t)
    One 100v (dc/ac?) power supply for the spindle
    So how are you powering these 3 supplies
    Mactec54

240v mains, with earth

240v mains, with earth
    (1) 240v main supply for all (3) Power supplies, just trying to eliminate where there could be a problem.
    Mactec54

Yes, i have a C13 (europe) plug with fuse, and from that i connect to all 3 power supplies

Would this be okay or also too cheap?
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_vc1sOA

Yes, i have a C13 (europe) plug with fuse, and from that i connect to all 3 power supplies

Would this be okay or also too cheap?
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_vc1sOA
    That is cheap does it have Configuration setup instructions and any plug in it may need, you should not buy it unless it has instructions Etc.

Your C13 does that have a Ground / Earth connection as all the power supplies need to have a Ground / Earth connection through the C13
    Mactec54

It looks like the connections on that one are the same as this board i have now and i was figuring out how it worked.

Yes, the C13 connector has earth connected from the mains and also going to the power supplies

The spindle psu doesn’t have a earth connection but i think that earth is connected to it’s chassis

It looks like the connections on that one are the same as this board i have now and i was figuring out how it worked.

Yes, the C13 connector has earth connected from the mains and also going to the power supplies

The spindle psu doesn’t have a earth connection but i think that earth is connected to it’s chassis
    The spindle was not working when you had the problem, just trying to check where there could be possible problems

Try Mach3 with just (1) motor connected if it does the same thing try it without any motors connected, I'm thinking the computer may be the problem

If the spindle Power supply has 240v connected, then it needs to have an Earth/Ground
    Mactec54

The spindle was working. Everything worked with the short cable. As soon as i took another longer usb cable i started to get problems. I used 4 different usb cables but only the 15cm works

The spindle was working. Everything worked with the short cable. As soon as i took another longer usb cable i started to get problems. I used 4 different usb cables but only the 15cm works
    When using any USB cable, you want the cable as short as possible, long USB cables will always be a problem
    Mactec54

Well, 15cm would be too short for my need. I think i will upgrade to an ethernet board. Thanks for all the help

Support on the pokeys is terrible.
    NVEM controllers are too hit and miss and you get zero help. (search reviews and other posts).

AXBB-E all the way if you want an all in one. You actually DO get what you pay for!.

You are getting close to the cost of a Smooth Stepper which is better than both of these options the NVEM are ok but very little support, most that have them get them working there are some threads here on the Zone on this control
    Mactec54

I am living in the Netherlands and i can’t find any of those boards.
    The SmoothStepper and AXBB-E are “currently not available” or impossible to find for sale for me.

Do you have a link to the right board?

Hi,
    the Ethernet SmoothStepper is manufactured by Warp TD in the US and has been on the market for well over a decade. I find impossible to believe
    that in an advanced country like the Netherlands you can't buy one.

https://warp9td.com/

The AXBB-E is made by CNCDrive in Hungary. It is a well made and designed board that combines the knowledge and experience of their UC100, UC300 and UC400
    boards and does not require a breakout board (or boards) as do the UC300, UC 400 and the Ethernet SmoothStepper. This makes it extremely attractive as a simple,
    low cost motion control board with modest IO capability. It is a fairly new design, perhaps two to three years old and may not yet have the market penetration that the
    UC300, UC400 enjoy, but make no mistake are available globally.

https://www.cncdrive.com/

So unless you are in the Netherlands, the other Netherlands that is, on an obscure planet of an equally obscure star beyond the Orion Nebula you should have no trouble
    finding these boards. Just beware that the UC100, a longtime favorite among hobbyists is being cloned by the Chinese, and they are not a patch on the real thing.
    Buy genuine or don't bother, aside from the UC100 being USB that is.

Craig

Thank you. After more searching i can find the SmoothStepper on a dutch webshop. The other one is way more difficult to find here and with shipping from around the world it may be too expensive

I think i will buy the smoothstepper

Hi,
    be aware that an Ethernet SmoothStepper (ESS) requires a breakout board. There are a large variety of breakout boards available, from the very simplest like the C10 at $23.00
    up to an MB3 at $180, depending on the features and the amount of IO. The ESS has 51 inputs and outputs, the equivalent of three parallel ports. You may or may not require all
    of that extra IO and will likely influence you breakout board choice.

Craig

Oh than i will have to look into that first. Thanks for mentioning that

Quote Originally Posted by joeavaerage View Post
    Hi,
    the Ethernet SmoothStepper is manufactured by Warp TD in the US and has been on the market for well over a decade. I find impossible to believe
    that in an advanced country like the Netherlands you can't buy one.
    Craig
    OMG!!.
    Bubble may have burst in the UK too.
    ESS- not looking good. Usual places, it's no longer there and can't see any new sources.
    Can just about get UC100 & UC400 from 1, maybe 2 places.
    AXBB-E- only 1 source, custom router builder.

That's looking like it!.
    Other than the above it's EU or US with high import tarrifs, or from cncroom.
    WTF!.

I did actually import my UC300eth direct from cncdrive when I upgraded. Cost a bit in import fees but buying it all as a package offer cancelled it out tbf so made sense for simplicity.

That's- uc300eth- 2*ucbb boards- 4*cables- uccnc- extra varied cables & conectors.

I am living in the Netherlands and i can’t find any of those boards.
    The SmoothStepper and AXBB-E are “currently not available” or impossible to find for sale for me.

Do you have a link to the right board?
    Being in the Netherlands you have your own control with Eding CNC which is the best hobby /commercial control on the Market

They have an open day I believe on the 16th of July I wish I could go there to support their new expansion

https://edingcnc.com/

Europaplein 1
    Building 31 Unit 0.02
    5684 ZC Best
    The Netherlands
    Mactec54

Page 2 of 3 123