585,690 active members*
4,872 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 0M Alarm 940 PCB Error. John Ford Mill

Fanuc 0M Alarm 940 PCB Error. John Ford Mill

Hi, I've been reading lot of posts in this forum trying to find the solution but gets a point where I just don't know enough about fanuc to understand the issue.

I've bought a John Ford vmc-1024 3 axes mill, it has a Fanuc 0M control, it says alarm 940 PCB Error. Looking into a small google manual this equals to "defective mainboard / memory board". First I replaced the main board, and the error keep the same, then I replaced the memory board and the error is the same, so I'm lost. I tried clearing the memory holding delete + reset while power up (I have a paper with the parameters so its not a problem).

And just to be a little more weird, my memory board reference is A16B-2201-0101/08A exactly the same that I bought on ebay (same for mainboard). If I put a friend memory card out of a 0T lathe with reference A16B-2201-0101/07A the control boots up but only shows two axis. This makes me believe that not only the memory card reference matters but also the eeproms mounted in it, is this correct? Could someone explain me what contains these memories ? Is fanuc related or john ford related? I'm guessing that if a need the memory card from the same exactly machine is going to be really hard to get.

The three memory cards I have, first one is the original, second one the replacement I bought and last one from my friends lathe.
    https://imgur.com/a/BOQdx3d

Thanks for your time.

You axis card (0360 or 0390 ) ils defective

Quote Originally Posted by amunoz View Post
    Hi, I've been reading lot of posts in this forum trying to find the solution but gets a point where I just don't know enough about fanuc to understand the issue.

I've bought a John Ford vmc-1024 3 axes mill, it has a Fanuc 0M control, it says alarm 940 PCB Error. Looking into a small google manual this equals to "defective mainboard / memory board". First I replaced the main board, and the error keep the same, then I replaced the memory board and the error is the same, so I'm lost. I tried clearing the memory holding delete + reset while power up (I have a paper with the parameters so its not a problem).

And just to be a little more weird, my memory board reference is A16B-2201-0101/08A exactly the same that I bought on ebay (same for mainboard). If I put a friend memory card out of a 0T lathe with reference A16B-2201-0101/07A the control boots up but only shows two axis. This makes me believe that not only the memory card reference matters but also the eeproms mounted in it, is this correct? Could someone explain me what contains these memories ? Is fanuc related or john ford related? I'm guessing that if a need the memory card from the same exactly machine is going to be really hard to get.

The three memory cards I have, first one is the original, second one the replacement I bought and last one from my friends lathe.
    https://imgur.com/a/BOQdx3d

Thanks for your time.

Re: Fanuc 0M Alarm 940 PCB Error. John Ford Mill

The memorycard has:
    1: system eproms; 2: ladder eproms 3: servo rom; they should stay with the machine they come from if the memorycard has to be changed; (must be moved)
    4: SRAM has to be cleared on power up (if the # of socketed memory chips is be different, they too may have to be moved)

Re: Fanuc 0M Alarm 940 PCB Error. John Ford Mill

Quote Originally Posted by Brunocnc28 View Post
    You axis card (0360 or 0390 ) ils defective
    I forgot to mention that I tried replacing the axis card too because some pleople suggested it and it didn't work. Why do you think its the axes card? I think that the problem is the memory card I got has different EPROMs than mine as memoryman pointed out