585,967 active members*
4,250 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > ATC. Automatic Tool Changer issue. Leadwell Mill, MCV-OP Fanuc OM controller
Page 2 of 3 123

Re: ATC. Automatic Tool Changer issue. Leadwell Mill, MCV-OP Fanuc OM controller

Actually windows XP was the only OS that would work with NC Link apparently. I was lucky to have a working laptop with XP, actually 2 laptops with XP and one screwed up while i was attempting to load programs to the CNC. This machine has been fighting me for months but not giving up.

Re: ATC. Automatic Tool Changer issue. Leadwell Mill, MCV-OP Fanuc OM controller

..reading the mr manual.
    turn the page...nice your have the manuals and doc's for your machine. Leadwell was a good name back than.

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    ..reading the mr manual.
    turn the page...nice your have the manuals and doc's for your machine. Leadwell was a good name back than.
    Yes i believe its a pretty good machine.

Quote Originally Posted by toranacar View Post
    Actually windows XP was the only OS that would work with NC Link apparently. I was lucky to have a working laptop with XP, actually 2 laptops with XP and one screwed up while i was attempting to load programs to the CNC. This machine has been fighting me for months but not giving up.
    ...speaking of XP, it has a Hyper Terminal program for communication (RS232) and than just used Notepad to save the text files. I now use BobCad Predator for my CNC programs etc. In fact, I found a Post Processor in my BobCad for a Fanuc0M did some testing to see what it produced. It was a mess looked like to me. So, I tweaked a few things and this attach file is what I came up with.. If, you have time see if it works.

I'm surprised that a Fanuc wizard has not chime in yet with more knowledge about how the Tool Changing is handled by the CNC. Hopefully soon.

DJ

...I was doing more research about the way Fanuc's use O9000 programs for Tool Changers and found a thread that is very good information.
    https://www.cnczone.com/forums/g-cod...nge-macro.html

...speaking of XP, it has a Hyper Terminal program for communication (RS232) and than just used Notepad to save the text files. I now use BobCad Predator for my CNC programs etc. In fact, I found a Post Processor in my BobCad for a Fanuc0M did some testing to see what it produced. It was a mess looked like to me. So, I tweaked a few things and this attach file is what I came up with.. If, you have time see if it works.

I'm surprised that a Fanuc wizard has not chime in yet with more knowledge about how the Tool Changing is handled by the CNC. Hopefully soon.

DJ
    That program looks pretty good.
    So you think i can just use hyper terminal so the parameters etc can load onto hyper terminal instead of DOS?

...I was doing more research about the way Fanuc's use O9000 programs for Tool Changers and found a thread that is very good information.
    https://www.cnczone.com/forums/g-cod...nge-macro.html
    Thank you, i have written a post on the thread

That program looks pretty good.
    So you think i can just use hyper terminal so the parameters etc can load onto hyper terminal instead of DOS?
    ...your NCLink program is working so, HT is just another option down the road if..NCLink fails or not available..

...not sure which thread to post to so, going with this thread because you have alot of attached information here.

I found another thread in the moriseki section with a little bit of information about Fanuc 0M tool charger Params that will help.
    https://www.cnczone.com/forums/mori-...-6m-model.html
    A little side note about why I've been interested in your problem. I part time CNC repair and Fanuc 0M is one machine I need learn more about.

Reading thru that thread "generaldisarray" discusses Homing, Params, and manually controlling (stepping) the TC with M80-M89 codes.. Read thru that thread and see if, that makes some sense to you. We can go from there of what next to do.

...your NCLink program is working so, HT is just another option down the road if..NCLink fails or not available..
    Ah ok, no problem

hello from austria! @toranacar i have exactly the same setup Leadwell MCV 0p with fanuc 0m, an xp laptop and nc-link

were ypo able to punch out the parameters to nc-link. i have tried right now and nc-link crashes.
    doas your toolcahnger already work (havent read the whole thread)

rgds lobbo

Quote Originally Posted by lobboo View Post
    hello from austria! @toranacar i have exactly the same setup Leadwell MCV 0p with fanuc 0m, an xp laptop and nc-link

were ypo able to punch out the parameters to nc-link. i have tried right now and nc-link crashes.

rgds lobbo
    Hi
    I haven't been able to punch out to NC link yet. I tried but may be a settings issue on NC link.
    My tool changer is not working yet. The Parameter were erased probably due to machine not powered up for 3 years.

rgds lobbo
    If you have a service manual with shows the Ladder diagram regarding the ATC it would be great if you copied it and loaded it on this forum.
    I have some ladder diagrams but some pages missing

Hi
    I haven't been able to punch out to NC link yet. I tried but may be a settings issue on NC link.
    My tool changer is not working yet. The Parameter were erased probably due to machine not powered up for 3 years.

Meanwhile i was able to punch out my parameter (my com port settings didnt match)

mybe you can give it a try

regarding the ladder i´ll scan it for you but i dont know if mine are complete

Cool Re: ATC. Automatic Tool Changer issue. Leadwell Mill, MCV-OP Fanuc OM controller

If you have a service manual with shows the Ladder diagram regarding the ATC it would be great if you copied it and loaded it on this forum.
    I have some ladder diagrams but some pages missing
    and here it is

Meanwhile i was able to punch out my parameter (my com port settings didnt match)

mybe you can give it a try

regarding the ladder i´ll scan it for you but i dont know if mine are complete
    Awesome thank you, its something some of the guys here can use. Thank you

...looking at lobboo's Ladder pdf file, I see M21-M26 codes should Step control your TC manually..try all of them to see if, they are working

M26 - Tool unclamp
    M25 - Tool clamp
    M24 - Magazine Down
    M23 - Mag UP
    M22 - Mag Left
    M21 - Mag Right

Oh wow thank you, i haven't had a chance to look into this. I haven't played around with the ladder before.
    I really need to check this out.
    Thanks mate really awesome.

Ill have to be careful when i power up as i have some exposed wires from removing the lubrication pump motor. This is another issue i picked up on few days ago.
    I ordered another motor second hand and should arrive in about a week. I can tape up the wires to power up and try these M codes.

So i got the lubrication pump working after replacing the pump motor, next issue the oil distributors are blocked and no oil or air can be pushed through. And this one broke while i was un-screwing the oil restrictor (I think they are), ill make another distributor out of aluminium flat bar.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	300671301_827138588649328_6024859049396475747_n.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	484134

Name:	300423757_606164641085873_6918162882414595230_n.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	131.1 KB 
ID:	484136

Name:	301259221_1648504018864196_1659893562923663015_n.jpg