584,837 active members*
5,367 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

NEED HELP PLEASE

I have a 1996 Sabre 750 with A2100 control. Had to replace the x axis servo cable, and it was done without problems. Changed the batteries while it was down just to be safe since they had not ever been changed. I downloaded intructions from another member on this forum, made the jumper cable and changed batteries without losing power to the boards as was described in the instructions. First error message that comes up is "NC ENGINE BASE FAILED" When I continue to boot up the machine I got the following on the Hardware Diagnostic Startup Status Screen:
    Bridge Board (RT) 0 Unknown
    Conv Servo 0 Unknown
    High Density I/O 0 Unknown
    Pendant?panel (MSL) 0 Unknown
    Realtime Processor 0 Unknown
    Bridge Board (WS) 1 Passed
    Workstation Processor 1 Passed

When I use the mouse to click on the Home button I get the following:
    -(s_curpos_dsp(0)). Value is set to 0

Nothing happens when I push the power button, no power up, no messages.
    I'm lost and in a deep hole so any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I have to get this machine back up and running so whatever it takes. . . .

It sounds like you have lost memory for sure. I work on all machines, and have limited time on Cincinnati's. There are a couple of experts who come to this forum at times. Mag has been no help to me at all. You may want to PM maver1ck as he knows alot about these.

If you try to boot up the machine without the RT-Board in place, does it give the same errors?
    If so, then there is a chance that the RT-Board bios lost its settings when you replaced the batteries...

Also since i think BB(RT),Conv.Servo,HD I/O Card and RT processor are all RealTime Board related.
    I'm far from an expert, so i might as well be wrong

I have had a lot of people contact me after following that post (or similar instructions) with the exact same problem you have. The concept is sound, but it seems more people that try it fail than succeed, so I never recommend it to people.

Unless you damaged something else while pulling the boards (unlikely), your only problem is that you lost the RT BIOS when you pulled the battery. It is also likely that you lost the WS settings as well, but that is not always as critical. If you want to send me your board, I can reflash the BIOS for you. If you are interested, send me a PM with your board's part number and contact information.

PM sent
    Thanks

Have not tried that but the feedback I'm getting indicates you may be correct. And we followed the instructions precisely to do the battery replacement, so do not use that method for sure

I have the same problem though I got there in a different way. My WS board failed. When bench tested the WS board would not boot to Win NT svp6, using cloned drive for testing made when I got the mill in 2009, but will boot to a win98 HDD. ??? So I put in my spare WS board that I got with the mill and now it does not read the RT board. It does read the BBB on the WS side though. Diagnostics show as above,
    Bridge Board (RT) 0 Unknown
    Conv Servo 0 Unknown
    High Density I/O 0 Unknown
    Pendant?panel (MSL) 0 Unknown
    Realtime Processor 0 Unknown
    Bridge Board (WS) 1 Passed
    Workstation Processor 1 Passed
    I did not have my WS Bios written down so I input parameters from a siemens service bulletin.
    This all started from a chksum error after running without a hiccup for 4 years daily.
    RT board boots on bench and CMOS battery is button reads 3.0V.
    Memory is new on WS board. I do not think the WS board is a Siemens spare but it is an INTEL ADV/RH with same bios rev AMI 1.00.13.CV2
    Any thoughts?
    Tomorrow I get a PS2 to AT Din5 adapter so I can plug a keyboard into RT board see if the date is correct or if I lost the settings there.

I´m trying to send you a PM but I can´t...

Quote Originally Posted by maver1ck View Post
    I have had a lot of people contact me after following that post (or similar instructions) with the exact same problem you have. The concept is sound, but it seems more people that try it fail than succeed, so I never recommend it to people.

Unless you damaged something else while pulling the boards (unlikely), your only problem is that you lost the RT BIOS when you pulled the battery. It is also likely that you lost the WS settings as well, but that is not always as critical. If you want to send me your board, I can reflash the BIOS for you. If you are interested, send me a PM with your board's part number and contact information.
    I have the same problem. Changed battery of RT and lost BIOS configuration.
    Could you send me a PM for sending you the board?

Re: NEED HELP PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by rubencete View Post
    I have the same problem. Changed battery of RT and lost BIOS configuration.
    Could you send me a PM for sending you the board?
    Does anyone have the specific Bios settings for the RT motherboard .. IRQ's etc