585,942 active members*
3,345 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > LB15 - Location of proximity sensors

LB15 - Location of proximity sensors

I have a LB15, 1985 edition.
    Been struggling to get this machine going for a year now..

When i have OD set on the panel for closing on a part, it will error out, the open/closed diodes are not lit. So i assume a proximity sensor is not getting engaged.

When i have it set to ID clamping, i can hit the Open pedal, it will light up the Open diode, and close the chuck - as expected. And vice versa, this mode works.

First thought i had a faulty switch - so now changed all the switches to new ones in the panel - same behavior still.
    So where is these proximity normally located? I have tried both with a collet chuck and a normal SMW Autobloc chuck - both shows the same behavior. They close and open in the same direction so i cannot really work the machine as is.

Do anybody know?! Are they the same kind of those roller/arm type somewhere like on the gearbox (found them, thought they were for the pul tube - i was wrong).
    Or are they more of a proximity style modern like needs to have a piece of metal adjust to "wave in front of it" or something?!

Re: LB15 - Location of proximity sensors

The switches i try to locate is called LS1C and LS2C..

Pretty sure you will find two prox switches located at the end of the chuck draw tube.
    These switches are used to detect Open and Closed position.
    Can't recall if they need to be both on or On/Off to detect required position.
    They are usually mounted in a slot to facilitate adjustment.
    Hope this info helps.
    Brian.

I actually dont have any draw tube switches at all back of the machine i have a pair that connects to the gearbox. but thats about it.
    This is whats having me confused.. there is a Encoder for speed and position and there is two limit switches for the gearbox change.. and then two inlet hydraulic hoses and a huge return one - and thats the end of it..

So been thinking if there is a proximity switch in the solenoid or in the pressure switch.

What im trying to locate is the LS1C and 2C in the drawing circled in green.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20220707_144449.jpg  

So figured it out. there is no limit switches on this drawtube.. there is a pressure sensor tho and a series of cross check relays.. one of the relays.. fried.. no bueno...