585,715 active members*
4,008 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

ATC Disable on FANUC system

Hi,
    I need help to disable the ATC on Fanuc for my Komo Innova 508. drive is bad and I want to work manually instead.
    Any help will be great.

Re: ATC Disable on FANUC system

Just remove any M6 calls (or whatever call your router uses for a tool change) from your programs. That or replace the M6's with G53 moves that will bring the machine to a safe area where you can manually change tools.

Like say G53Z0.Y0.X-31. (wild guess. change to suit)

I don't think there is a parameter that will hide your ATC from the controller. If there was, it would be a MTB setting. Likely a Keep Relay. Something like...

K5
    0 : Without ATC
    1: With ATC

That is only an example. You will need the Machine Tool Builder manuals for that. Again... not a Fanuc thing.

You could also create a subroutine and store it on your machine and have it called by M6. When M6 is called, the control will first check for an assigned subroutine. If it finds one, it won't bother doing a normal M6 thru the PMC or possibly another existing Subroutine/Macro.

Look on your control and see if you have an existing tool change Macro or Sub. If you do, save it for when you get your ATC fixed. In the meantime, you could overwrite it or create a new one using an alternate number. In the new sub/macro, do what I mentioned earlier. Make the machine move to a safe location to change tools manually.

You'd have to go into your parameters and find out or change what sub is called when M6 is called.

Doing what I'm suggesting here will only save you from not having to modify any existing programming.

You don't mention the Version of Fanuc your control is so I can't help you with specifics.

Of course you could call Komo and ask them for help.

Usually Keep Relay --------------Should be able to remove it in the ladders with that

Quote Originally Posted by lshingleton View Post
    Usually Keep Relay --------------Should be able to remove it in the ladders with that
    Yeah Right !