585,914 active members*
3,814 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > CNC Machining Centers > Tool Wear Compensation in Xilog Plus for Routech Ergon NT

Question Tool Wear Compensation in Xilog Plus for Routech Ergon NT

Hello! First post here.

I started a new job this week and am getting to know the software and machines. For the Routech Ergon NT I am using AlphaCAM (2014 R1) and Xilog Plus (v1.14), and am extremely new to both. I am coming from an aerospace background and being able to compensate for tool wear was a daily occurrence. I have been speaking with the operator of the Routech Ergon NT and it turns out for the past six years they have been re-posting programs anytime a cutter with a different diameter than the program was written for is used (regrinds/worn tools).

I have done some research on the Xilog Plus 1.14 software we are using and have come across the 'S/Quota of Overmetal' field on the lines where correction is specified before each cutting operation. I have tried altering the S value with no change in part dimensions.
    Am I on the right track? If so, maybe correction needs to be enabled (ie. C=1 or C=2)? Does anyone know how to adjust the tool diameter at the control? I am hoping I don't have to continue to repost programs anytime the tool diameter changes..

Sorry if anything is unclear, please let me know if there is anything I can add or clarify.

Thank you!

Cam

Re: Tool Wear Compensation in Xilog Plus for Routech Ergon NT

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova171 View Post
    Hello! First post here.

I started a new job this week and am getting to know the software and machines. For the Routech Ergon NT I am using AlphaCAM (2014 R1) and Xilog Plus (v1.14), and am extremely new to both. I am coming from an aerospace background and being able to compensate for tool wear was a daily occurrence. I have been speaking with the operator of the Routech Ergon NT and it turns out for the past six years they have been re-posting programs anytime a cutter with a different diameter than the program was written for is used (regrinds/worn tools).

I have done some research on the Xilog Plus 1.14 software we are using and have come across the 'S/Quota of Overmetal' field on the lines where correction is specified before each cutting operation. I have tried altering the S value with no change in part dimensions.
    Am I on the right track? If so, maybe correction needs to be enabled (ie. C=1 or C=2)? Does anyone know how to adjust the tool diameter at the control? I am hoping I don't have to continue to repost programs anytime the tool diameter changes..

Sorry if anything is unclear, please let me know if there is anything I can add or clarify.

Thank you!

Cam
    Read through the manual

Look for this Information and you will be able to adjust the cutter wear
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tool Settings.png  
    Mactec54

You can set C in XG0 line. In preview window you must click show correction

Então é o seguinte c=2 c=1 c=0 compensação da fresa fora, dentro, centro no s=1 s=-0.2 vais meter a fresa a (comer mais) ou menos.
    Mas o correto seria se a ferramenta vai para afiar na configuração dela altera se para o novo diametro... porque estar a alterar nos progamas?