585,753 active members*
4,680 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Post Biesse work Rover CNC Tool change

Is there anyone who can explain how to change automatically tools in the spindle?

Quote Originally Posted by cnc4cnc View Post
    Is there anyone who can explain how to change automatically tools in the spindle?
    I am joining to this question, also adding other one: is there any home position that can be reached automaticaly? Or ISO code input is always needed?

I'm in new with biesse rover 22, and at my current workshop use just Nc500 soft.

Re: Biesse work Rover CNC Tool change

It depends on whether you have an automatic tool changer, how many slots your machine has and if the tool data or technical data has the correct 0 point for the first tool location. If these are available, then it should be possible. It's a fairly technical setup but easy enough once you know how it works. Our tooling has 2 locator sensors on the carousel and 2 on the slide for the carousel. Each must be fine tuned and the technical data updated to allow proper rotations and load/unload points to avoid damaging the tool carrier claws.

Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingApprentice View Post
    It depends on whether you have an automatic tool changer,...
    And what about automatic put the tool away, how can be performed this process? Something as M6 T0 is it possible use g code in nc500?

Ok, I can answer to my self. Lastly I have figured out that our Biesse rover 22 with nc500 software can unload tool automatically which I use on the end of program by using line M 301.
    Otherwise there is function in nc500 tool change, therefore tools can be changed automatically.