584,866 active members*
5,319 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Tormach PathPilot™ > This guy I know forgot to enter tool offset…

This guy I know forgot to enter tool offset…

Hi all,
    So this guy I know was running a small program in PathPilot on his 770M yesterday. The doofus started up the program and proceeded with the machining, but realized the last two tools in the program weren’t properly entered in Offsets yet. He noted that when in the “run-program” mode in PP, the “Offsets” tab isn’t available, so he concluded he was stuck and so he bailed on the program at that point. He thought about simply re-starting and running the program again from the beginning (the idgit at least knows how to do that…) with like a blank tool holder in the spindle until he got to the two last tools, but it was dinner time and he was thoroughly ticked at himself and so he gave it up until the next day.

The guy wants to know exactly how in the heck you recover from this properly, I.e., how you ‘stop’, get the missing offsets in there correctly, and then go back to the program and have it only do those last two ops. He says he’s read the 770M/PP manual over and over on this sort of topic, but still hasn’t got it! Thanks—

Re: This guy I know forgot to enter tool offset…

lets say t3 needed to be set properly and t1 and 2 have been run . go to mdi punch in " find t3 " , hit enter , it will scroll down to t3 then right click the line you want to start on and click run from here

another method to skipping through a program in pathpilot is to put m98P3 where you want to skip from ( p can be almost any number you chose ) , then at t3 add o3 (o not zero)
    the program will jump to the o line when it reaches the m98

It would be nice to have a 'teach tool' option available at run time sometimes, wouldn't it? Similar thing for broken / replaced tools as well.

The simple minded and failsafe approach that I mostly use is to simply repost without including the previously completed toolpaths. It typically takes only a few seconds and eliminates the need for much thought. BTW, if you shutdown and come back the next day you probably want to verify that your position is still accurate.