584,862 active members*
4,799 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Sm1 coolant pump wiring ?

Threaded View

Sm1 coolant pump wiring ?

Hey guys. I recently finished retrofitting my “new to me” hurco sm1 and have been playing around with it a bit, and decided it’s time to hook up the coolant pump back up. Problem is, I’m getting contradicting readings from my multimeter, as to which leads are which. Theres 6 leads, and 2 sets of leads read the same resistance, while the third set reads double the resistance of the other 2 sets. To me this means it’s single phase and the higher resistance windings are the start windings. But there’s no start capacitor or centrifugal clutch to support that theory. Plus it’s rated for 240v/480v ? So I was thinking it has to be 3 phase, but every 3 phase motor I’ve ever hooked up has 9 leads. So could it be a resistance start or split phase motor? Is it 3 phase, just with a bad winding causing the higher resistance ? (Even though it’s odd that it would be exactly double, much like how a start winding on single phase motor is) I’ve searched high and low to find this brand of pump and have found nothing, and also haven’t found any wiring diagrams to see if there’s a certain way it’s supposed to be wired. So if someone thinks they have the wisdom I don’t, I’d like to hear your thoughts. I attached a few pics of the nameplate and of the wiring Thanks in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3F2D6D09-7086-4269-A94A-12672C77B6EF.jpg   image.jpg