585,967 active members*
4,116 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Trying to load programs onto U100L dual spindle/ turret Okuma lathe.

Threaded View

Question Trying to load programs onto U100L dual spindle/ turret Okuma lathe.

I was tasked with hiring a programmer to create 50 programs for our Okuma lathe. - Quick disclaimer, I'm not a programmer or machinist.

I found a Fanuc G-code programmer on Fiverr, he made a test program for me to run. I loaded the test program onto a floppy and attempted to transfer to the Okuma's memory. I was directed by the Okuma's software to format the disk to OSP format. I did that (using the Okuma machine) which obviously deleted everything on the disk. I was then left unable to communicate with the disk from my MSDOS formatted PC in order to put the files back on the disk. After some research, I found and downloaded OSPOKU.exe from these forums and figured out how to use it. Now, the issue that I'm experiencing is: every time I try and transfer over the .TXT extension programs from the PC to the floppy disk via OSPOKU I get the error "The file name format is not suitable OSP." I did some more digging and discovered that the Okuma reads .MIN extension programs. I tried to change the file type by renaming the extension to .MIN but I'm still getting the same error. I reformatted the disk with OSPOKU and still received the same error message. I tried a brand new floppy and still receive the same error message. I contacted the programmer and he advised me to try changing the file extension to .TAP. I tried that as well but.. you guessed it. Same error. What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to actually convert the .TXT to .MIN rather than just renaming it as a .min?

Please advise.. Any help that you guys can offer would be HUGELY appreciated as I find myself getting more and more frustrated with this project..

Side note: There was a single instance while attempting to transfer the files from my PC to the floppy using OSPOKU when it gave me a different error.. the error read "01.01.1980 is not a valid date". I double checked my date and time on my PC and everything is fine.

Thanks guys,
    Dili
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2022-07-21 10_22_10-OSP Floppy Okuyucu v2.2.0.1.png