Hi All, have found and read a tonne of great info from this forum since I've recently joined, looking for info on others who have converted this LMS 3990 to cnc, unfortunately most of the links are now dead or do not exist anymore? Companies have closed, or the owners have passed away
Bought a LMS 3990 several years back and love it. Does what I need it too with the exception of the automation.
Have scowered around for nearly 1 year looking for an upgrade kit, most had issues with ball-screw length's, custom drilling/machining to get the parts to fit, Companies stating their X2 design will fit fine? leading to their disappearance.
Working with a company now who does show interest in making this work for me, in return will be available for all in the end. Some design changes are being printed through me for fit and design, when all is 100%...final parts will be sent to me for the actual conversion.

I hope there is some interest here for this? Will catalogue the conversion step by step for others, list planned electronics, and ask for advice during this on what others think will work best????

Fusion will be the cad/cam/cnc foundation, looking to use 425oz stepper's with DM525T drivers, Mach3 software, and undecided on the control board(s) at this time, would love some input on something that just flows together and plain works with fusion
Do want some sort of control at the machine for setup/zeroing/manual adjustments if required??????

Hope to see some input from your thoughts
Cheers
Randy