585,997 active members*
5,135 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > ArtCam Pro > Paneling question start...finish

Paneling question start...finish

Need help...ok...this paneling thing has me a bit confused.
    If it returns home 0,0 after it cuts the first panel...then you pull your material through...how the heck do you make sure that the material is absolutly in the right place...if its off a centimeter..your cut will be off!

Why doesnt artcam after cutting the first panel simply raise(z) the tool where it stops then you can pull the material through and lower the z to make its in the right spot and start from that point?

sounds goofy to me to have it return to 0,0

Im I doing something wrong?
    Does someone know a way of doing this?

Thanks!!!!

You could just put in a line at the end to tell Z to move up whatever amount.

Most of the time it is advantageous to return to 0,0 - especially if you have 0,0 set to the center of the workpiece - and so it is the default.
    I suppose you could write or modify a postprocessor so your g-code did not do this if you were to need it often enough, but it is probably just easier to simply remove the offending line from the bottom of the generated g-code files in notepad or something.

Just FYI to all;

The whole return home after cutting is something that is hardcoded in the program and from what I have been advised by development it was for safety reasons (well it could be argued several ways as to the theory behind this).

Even if you remove the return home line in the .con post processor file please be aware that you will still end up with this X0 Y0 move.

It has been requested a few times in the past that this restriction be removed so that the user can have more control over what happens at the end of a toolpath that has just been run. This request has been entered into the system as a wish and the development team are aware that some users would like this to be changed. That said its a bit of a double edged sword as far as if its removed then some users will not be happy that its gone and been changed.

Ideally it would be nice to implement this request as a user definable setting so that some could have it on and other could have it off.

I know this doesnt solve your issue but I wanted to add some additional comments about this topic so as to help everyone better understand what is going on with this.

So currently your best option would be to manually edit the code and remove any unwanted return home moves that would exisit at the end of your code.