585,908 active members*
3,859 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Lookahead script

Hi,
    I have a homemade machine that controlls by Mach-2. I program the machine with PowerMIL and have pretty good feedrate. I have always used a Postprocessor changing between G64 and G61 depending on block angle, but that is not the best solution.

I have now written a visualBasic script that checks the angle, length of block and what ever i want.

Is there anyone with idees what parameter a serious controler is checking, or better, anyone with a formula of the braking feed.

My first test is just reducing feedrate by the angle, but i will add distance and also possibility for my VB to add blocks in the code.

Any one with idees?

Best regards

Rikard

What if; round corners are g02 g03 you can look for those and if the radius is smaller than a given percentage of your tool diameter you can slow down to avoid stuffing the tool?

In my postprocessor i have polygons instead of arc´s. Because i found mach-2 slower on arcs than on polygons.. Todays testrun is slowed down by angle, and also reduced if distance of block is smaller than 10mm by percentage from 1-70% of Angled reduced feedrate..

I must make more test to find correct parameters, but i can se i can run the code quicker and more accurate than before !!

Also, this is quite fun to play with.. Is there an interest of an Lookahead to mach out there? Or is it only me having trouble with accuracy with mach2? Maybe my Xylotech force me to have a'soft' settings on motors at high feedrate because of only 2.5A and low voltage.. Maybe some geckos will make this unneccesary??

Any input? Comments?

//Rikard