Hi everyone!,

I started life doing basic CAD in my spare time for a little bit of extra cash, years later I bought a 3D printer and learned Autodesk Fusion 360 which I really enjoy (my obsessive hobbies now!).

I've decided to make the leap from 3D printing and I wanted to get into CNC milling, I would like to use Fusion 360 to CAM the designs and then either drip feed or upload them to the milling machine.

The problem is that I have no experience in which CNC machine (controller) would be best for myself, my main goal is to have a milling machine which I can use Fusion 360 to plot out all the milling operations and fire it across to the milling machine controller which requires a post processor to code it correctly, as well as drip feed if required as I have read that some controllers struggle with large files and lack memory.

If anyone could enlighten me with pros and cons plus which you'd recommend, also if these mills/controllers can do what I require with using Fusion 360 CAM, and if there are available proper functioning post processors available for Fusion 360 that would be superb!

XYZ KRV Pro3000 with Proto Trak AGE 2

XYZ DPM with Proto Trak AGE 3

XYZ EMX with Proto Trak EMX

XYZ SM2000 with Proto Trak SM

Braithwaite Millpower with Acu-Rite Millpower

Lilian 5VH with Acu-Rite Millpower 2

Bridgeport Interact 1 with Heidenhain TMC 151

I know some listed above are pretty old and probably are only able to drip feed large files but im just listing what I have been looking into so far.

I hope you guys can help me make a choice because I am a bit lost to be honest and I dont want to purchase a milling machine and regret the choice I made.

Cheers!