584,846 active members*
3,872 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Acramatic 2100 servo failed no pass diagnostic

Acramatic 2100 servo failed no pass diagnostic

Hi to all ,acramatic 2100 servo failed in diagnostic. It happened after problems with computer power supply block. After replace of power supply machine started to work with glitches, and then harddrive got broke, and after replacing HD and restoring software on it, it started to work good on first day, and on next day i got problem with Servo board: servo failed. Not passed diagnostic. ... I tried different things: switching realtime and servo boards between ISA slots, replacing battery on realtime board (3,06V), configuring BIOS settings according documentation, but result is the same: servo failed

Re: Acramatic 2100 servo failed no pass diagnostic

Dimino27, I have never heard of Rel 3.2x BASE & NCX Software with MAI Software YT011219 for an Arrow 1000 with Siemens Servo Drives.
    Do you have an original BCK file for the Machine that you made when it was running, or from the Floppy disk that came with the machine?
    The 1st three lines of ASCII text will give the proper software. The file has all of the Machine Configuration Parameters.
    The Machine Serial Number and Control Diagram off the metal plate may help. The file information would be the best...

Hi ,thanks for u answer iam attached new pics,

Control diagram what is that and where to get it?

Gwood do u know what means that VOC channels 4 failed?

Dimino27,
    If you are not giving us the information that we need to help you your questions cannot be answered.

Do you have an original BCK file for the Machine that you made when it was running, or from the Floppy disk that came with the machine?
    The 1st three lines of ASCII text will give the proper software. The file has all of the Machine Configuration Parameters.

1) & 2) Photo of the Machine Serial Number off the back door of the electrical cabinet?
    This will have the Machine Serial # (70xx-A0x-yyxxxx) and Control Diagram # (9120xxxxy).
    3) The 3-lines of BCK AscII file information would be helpful as well.

Yeah sorry i didnt answer 1 )about serial number need to see 2)bck files i dont have i bough that machine not in working condition all bateries was die rt and ws boards,hdd faulty as well iam restored soft from hdd swapped it for new and start this machine just modified bios settings in all boards and all was fine no any backup files iam newer touch

My machine calling Yang Eagle smw 1000 i found on the post that acramatic different than Cincinnati

The Yang Eagle (Taiwan) Yr 2000 with Siemens 611 Drives would have different NCX and MAI software; but the
    BIOS Settings for the WS-CPU (Workstation) Board and RT-CPU (Realtime) Board would be the same.
    I would concentrate on this first.
    You would need to give the 3-424-xxxaAyy part numbers off the Barcode labels on the bottom of the inside lip of the board chassis.
    You would also need to stat your country for location to get help on the RTCPU setting or vendor reload.

My country its Estonia(european union) i know rt board number 34242169a03 and ws board 34242283a01

Gwood problem solved,with help of my local electronic repair master he preheat with special tools my board and all get fine Diagnostic fine. Thanks to all

Dimino27, Good news. Now is the time to make a good M1Y-xxxx.BCK Service Backup if the machine is running!
    1) "MORE>>" > "SERVICE" > "Backup & Restore Machine Data" > Select "Backup"; "Machine Data" > "Start Backup"; This will write the Machine Parameters to the Hard Drive as M1Y-xxxx.BCK (where xxxx is last 4-digits of CNC serial#)
    2) Repeat "MORE>>" > "SERVICE" > "Backup & Restore Machine Data" > Select "Backup"; "Machine Data" > Add an a:M1Y-xxxx.BCK to the filename below to write to the Floppy Drive; or select RS-232 or use network drive letter > "Start Backup"

Bad news servo dv5 again failed in diagnostic so how i am understand need new board,now Timeout failed ,voc channels good but timeout failed ,i tried to remove and put back and one time board was pass but it was short time last result dv5 failed. My notion need to change dv5

Bad CMOS setting can cause this. What slot is it plugged into. Have you reseated all of the boards carefully?

The A2100 Analog Control is split into two sides. The RTCPU is like the working end of the horse.
    The WSCPU Loads the Servo (NC-Kernel) and the PLC software onto the RTCPU during the loading of the software modules.
    The RTCPU handles the DVx board functions, the Real-time-Inputs & Outputs for the PLC (Programware) and the Hand-Held Pendant functions.
    The WSCPU handles everything else and monitors the in real-time diagnostics.
    At boot up these two PC Mother boards load there BIOS parameters (Basic Input-Output System) that makes each board
    smart enough to talk to the other pieces of hardware that is interfaced to it by the software.
    If the BIOS on either board is corrupted due to a low battery. Normally lower than 3.17 VDC then the BIOS is corrupted.
    The software can not be properly loaded and faults will occur during the Loading of the 'NC Engine' and other software modules.
    With the I/O not running the control will crash the hard drive at power off; instead of a controlled shutdown.
    The BIOS of the WSCPU can be restored by the User if the have a PC keyboard hooked up to the WSCPU.
    The settings are in the control reference manual or can be emailed by Fives Cincinnati Technical Support,
    or by anyone who has your email and knows what the board part number is off the bar code label.
    Once you have replaced the WSCPU battery and have 3-424-2290A settings you would be smart to unplug the Hard drive power.
    During power up; press the key explained on the operator display to get into BIOS. Instruction on how to change
    settings are on each screen, When done Save and Exit. Shutdown and plug in the hard drive.
    The Realtime CPU is a different story; normally we use a binary program on the bench to reflash the BIOS Settings after a battery change.
    If the settings have been documented by a user for the 3-424-2172A RTCPU; it can be hooked up on a bench to an AT-PS2 Power supply. You must have a VGA Video display
    and cable and a EISA or PCI board VGA video card; a PC Keyboard. Once the board is powered up you can go into the BIOS
    and make changes just like you did on the WSCPU. Save the changes and put the board back into the control.

All this procedure i did a lot of times i mean about real time brd ,i have order for refurbished dv5 board i bough that and waiting

You may want to look at the 5vdc going to the encoder ( depending on the kind of drives ) for the X axis along the Y axis cat track. The 5vdc could be shorting out and causing the problem on the dv5. If you have resolver feedback the 5vdc is not used. I have seen many strange problems from the wires along the Y axis cat track. I assumed the machine is a ARROW VMC.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

No this is yang eagle smv 1000