584,808 active members*
5,114 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > VF-2SS 2011 Alarm 105 at startup?
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: VF-2SS 2011 Alarm 105 at startup?

The Z drive amplifier passed the OHM test per the Haas troubleshooting video. And I tested one of the others to compare response. Same.

I tested the motor to amp cable. It checks out.
    The motor test seems kind of odd, but could just be my lack of understanding. The troubleshooting guide says test A.B & C to chassis ground. I don't get a reading on any of the pins in that manner...however...if I take the multi-meter lead on the pin and cross it to the plug housing with the other multi-meter lead to chassis ground I get a reading...however also...if I cross the probe on the pin to the plug housing WITHOUT the other probe grounded, I get no reading...I can't get my head around that just yet.

NVM...that's just ground to ground I think.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Joy View Post
    I tested the motor to amp cable. It checks out.
    The motor test seems kind of odd, but could just be my lack of understanding. The troubleshooting guide says test A.B & C to chassis ground. I don't get a reading on any of the pins in that manner...however...if I take the multi-meter lead on the pin and cross it to the plug housing with the other multi-meter lead to chassis ground I get a reading...however also...if I cross the probe on the pin to the plug housing WITHOUT the other probe grounded, I get no reading...I can't get my head around that just yet.
    A B &C to chassis Ground there should be no reading, if there was the motor would have a short

You are doing something wrong if you can get a reading with only one prob connected, or the meter is junk
    Mactec54

The Z drive amplifier passed the OHM test per the Haas troubleshooting video. And I tested one of the others to compare response. Same.
    That does not mean that the drive is ok, you are only testing the high voltage side, and this is normally ok on most of these drives, it the low voltage side that fails most of the time, which if you have no lights on is the low voltage side that has failed.
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    That does not mean that the drive is ok, you are only testing the high voltage side, and this is normally ok on most of these drives, it the low voltage side that fails most of the time, which if you have no lights on is the low voltage side that has failed.
    So if both lights are out on the amplifier, then the "low voltage side has failed"? Do you know of a link that describes more about this?

So if both lights are out on the amplifier, then the "low voltage side has failed"? Do you know of a link that describes more about this?
    That is what controls the drive, so if the other drives have lights on and the Z axis does not then the drive has failed, no there is not much information on this part of the drive, or any test, no lights on speaks for itself
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    That is what controls the drive, so if the other drives have lights on and the Z axis does not then the drive has failed, no there is not much information on this part of the drive, or any test, no lights on speaks for itself
    What's really irritating is that the Haas Amplifier troubleshooting test shows this amp to be good.

What's really irritating is that the Haas Amplifier troubleshooting test shows this amp to be good.
    No, it is only showing that the high voltage rectifier is ok, there is a lot more than that to any drive, that's a very basic test
    Mactec54

Do you know what the procedure is for testing the 6 IC under the board at their solder sites, without de-soldering??

Do you know what the procedure is for testing the 6 IC under the board at their solder sites, without de-soldering??
    Did you remove the Board from the metal case
    Mactec54

Page 2 of 2 12