585,660 active members*
3,380 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport BOSS 6 CNC Vari-speed repair

Question Bridgeport BOSS 6 CNC Vari-speed repair

I have not been on this forum in quite a while and just re-registered. I have a 1980's Bridgeport BOSS 6 Series II cnc knee mill. The vari-speed pulley on the motor wore so badly I had to replace it. The new unit came in with the spring retainer plate screwed down tight to the hub of the disk. I know this is not going to work like that, but I cannot find any information as to whether I should merely loosen the screws or remove them entirely. I use this machine daily, so fixing it as soon as possible is important. I have usually relied on my favorite Bridgeport CNC technician, but he just had a stroke and is in rehab.
    Has anyone changed this pulley? What is the correct installation. Any help will be much appreciated.
    Thank you
    Fred Howe

Re: Bridgeport BOSS 6 CNC Vari-speed repair

Hi, I'm a retired EE with machine tool and servo drive experience. I have a Bridgeport BOSS 10 running machine with a noisy spindle. I'm doing the variable speed pulley bussing update. Have you disassembled your var speed pulleys?