584,841 active members*
4,202 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > SyiL X4 + (Plus Manual Needed)
Page 2 of 2 12

re: SyiL X4 + (Plus Manual Needed)

I did a break-in procedure for the spindle bearings. I started at the lowest speed I could get (about 200 rpm) for 10 minutes in each direction then doubled the speed in each direction for 5 minutes each until I reached the max RPM (about 75 minutes total). It is a lot quieter and sounds more appropriate for a belt drive machine. At the end of the procedure, the spindle was warm to the touch but not too hot. I am happy with the results.

Now I just need to iron out the Z Axis limit switch issue.

neilw20 - thanks again for all your help.

Quote Originally Posted by mlchman View Post
    I did a break-in procedure for the spindle bearings. I started at the lowest speed I could get (about 200 rpm) for 10 minutes in each direction then doubled the speed in each direction for 5 minutes each until I reached the max RPM (about 75 minutes total). It is a lot quieter and sounds more appropriate for a belt drive machine. At the end of the procedure, the spindle was warm to the touch but not too hot. I am happy with the results.

Now I just need to iron out the Z Axis limit switch issue.

neilw20 - thanks again for all your help.
    Ok. I watch this space.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

Re: SyiL X4 + (Plus Manual Needed)

HI all i am also rebuilding a syil x4 plus but mine has a vfd and a larger motor and not the servo motor that the manual has

could i have a copy of the syil x4 plus xml file also please

i have been messing with mach3 to get my machine setup and i have the axis moving and the limit switches but no control over the spindle or the coolant ( all work fine in manual mode)

I was able to find a copy of both the x4 and x4 plus manual but neither seems to cover the head ? motor setup of my machine.

thanks for reading

Re: SyiL X4 + (Plus Manual Needed)

Sorry it has taken so long to get back with you.

I would be happy to provide a copy of the XML file Syil of America sent to me - if I knew how to post files.

Okay, I think I found it - I zipped the file and it seems to be there. Let me know if it works for you.

mlchman

Page 2 of 2 12