585,712 active members*
4,034 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Plasma, EDM / Other similar machine Project Log > PROTOTYPE Plasma Project USB to ESS upgrade Mach 3/4 CNC4PC smooth stepper/C25XP

PROTOTYPE Plasma Project USB to ESS upgrade Mach 3/4 CNC4PC smooth stepper/C25XP

Hello All!

Im victor new to the forum, I bought a plasma project in January and have since done allot of research In CNC operation and DIY setups. When I got it I ripped out all the old electronics out of the control box and bought new power sources (stepper online 60V) for the nema 34 motors. Which since I have replaced with new motors stepper online.

At first I bought a USB Mach 3 controller China (got it to move but not smoothly) Mach 3

Since I struggled with this mediocre product all the signs pointed me to ESS smooth stepper and a C25XP which is a very nice BOB that can do many things like activate the plasma(relay built in) and can output 0-24 volts CNC4PC

Iam trying to move to Mach 4 and have not been doing well

I have installed all proper drivers and the SCU and get to the last step and stepper communicates to Mach

DRO moves on Mach but the motors do not any advice im a mess over this any advice is appreciated
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0216.jpg   IMG_0281.jpg  

Re: PROTOTYPE Plasma Project USB to ESS upgrade Mach 3/4 CNC4PC smooth stepper/C25XP

More info would help.
    Wire diagram of the board and drivers, mapping pins in mach3/4.
    I’ve used some usb and parallel Chinese boards and never had any problems. Yes, one has to spend some time with motor tuning and playing with steps settings, that’s normal.
    Some boards had relays some just outputs for them and most people use solid state relays anyway.
    Some boards pull down and some pull up, you hook up your stepper drivers accordingly.
    I think if you make your axis active and don’t map your outputs or map them wrong - DRO on Mac3/4 would show movement but not the motors.
    Have you use config file that came with the board or wizard or manually configured Mach3/4?