585,951 active members*
3,866 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > EMCO CNC Machines > EMCO Lathe > Process of transferring the control program to the machine controller using a floppy.

Post Process of transferring the control program to the machine controller using a floppy.

Hi all!

I recently managed to buy an EMCO TURN 120 CNC lathe with an EMCOTRONIC TM02 controller, in very good condition, and I faced such a problem as loading the control program into the machine.

The controller has a floppy receiver, a floppy for 3.5 inch floppy disks and I, naively, dared to assume everything would be simple, you load the control program onto a floppy disk, and then insert it into the machine controller and load it into memory, but not everything is as easy as I expected .

The controller does not understand the floppy at all, I tried to format the floppy in the controller, but it gives an error that the floppy is not ready. I note that the floppy disk is new and works properly.

Maybe there is someone on the forum who has encountered such a problem, or maybe someone knows the complete process of transferring the control program to the machine controller using a floppy disk?
    The third day I try to understand how it works and there is no success.
    I will be grateful for any information.

Best regards,
    Roman

Re: Process of transferring the control program to the machine controller using a flo

You need software that called WinNC I think. It runs on windows95. And floppys formatted in DOS.
    Better read the manual https://manualzz.com/doc/18438809/ht...ce-emcotronic_...

Re: Process of transferring the control program to the machine controller using a flo

Thank you friend for your help, now I at least understand in which direction I should move.