585,954 active members*
4,261 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Frenic 5000 M3 digital AC spindle drive...,

Question Frenic 5000 M3 digital AC spindle drive...,

Hey Guys,

I have A Nakamura Tome TMC 15 that has an indexing spindle. It is a Frenic 5000 M3 digital AC spndle drive. The spindle has a gear on it that enables you to rotate and lock in at every 7.5°. There is also adjustment on the locking dog so you can orientate it within that 7.5°. The problem is that when the adjustment is near the limits, sometimes the dog hits the very top of the gear and the machin hangs waiting for the lock signal from the prox on the dog. If I could adjust the orientation of the drive, I think I could solve this problem as you can see the spindle 'jump' back when it locks in.

I have the drive book in front of me but I can't make sense of it. There are two settings which are C007 - Stop position setting value, and P30c - Orientation internal position setting. Both require a hexidecimal value. Can some one explain how to do this?

I'll attach the Function table for your viewing pleasure.

Thanks Guys,

Jon K
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have been searching all over for a drive manual and can't seem to find one. Do you have the pdf manual? If so could you email it to me? I too am working on a Nakamura Tome but a TM-10.

good day.

I have the same drive and I have a problem with the signals of CN1. Your Connection have the manual for this drive?. I would greatly appreciate if you could help me solve this problem. Thank you.