584,849 active members*
3,935 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

HyperTherm PowerMax 65

Hello, I work for an industrial manufacturer who has several different Hypertherms in service. I am the resident electrician but somehow have been tasked with servicing the plasma cutters as well. I have run across a problem I've never encountered and was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a schematics or electrical diagram or help me solve the issue. Okay. So the unit is throwing an ERROR CODE 0-22 which is NO GAS input, but I have checked the gas line and the dryer and I have sufficient airflow. What I don't know how to check is the Pressure switch or Transducer. If I just knew how to test to see if they were working, I might be able to find the problem. Thanks a bunch.
    Miles.

Re: HyperTherm PowerMax 65

I also work with powermax 65. Most likely it is the solenoid valve. We have already changed it a couple of times in 3-4 years, that is because they do not purge the compressor, with the pressure switch we have never had a problem. I recommend that you wash the valve with DW40 or dry lubricant, being careful not to get it into the solenoid. I'm looking for the PCB diagram of a powermax 45, in case you know something

Re: HyperTherm PowerMax 65

Hi,
    I worked with Hypertherm Powrmax's for a few years.

They have a tricky-dicky air valve to regulate the volume of gas. It has two pistons which sort of see-saw back and forth. A very clever design
    and usually pretty reliable but when they fail they are not a cheap fix.

Hypertherm used to be very good about training....maybe you should ask them. They came out to New Zealand, and more than once to hold training courses for us,
    three or four of us, and three days at a time. I mean they really go the distance.

Craig