585,715 active members*
3,942 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > X2 error - "warning - profile is not correct"

X2 error - "warning - profile is not correct"

I am getting this error each time I backplot a process:

"warning - profile is not correct"

I cannot figure out what is generating this error. The only thing that I think have changed recently is setting up the post processor for Mach3.

Is this a machine "profile" error or something to do with the actual tooling process? If I have multiple tool operations - it gives me an error each time it backplots a process.

Kevin

I think there is a difference between the way tools are defined in 9 and X...

I seem to remember having to tweak all of my library tools which had been migrated along all the way up from V6 I believe...

To check if this is really your problem, select "parameters" in an existing operation, right-click your tool and select edit... This should show a window which defines your tool. On one of the tabs in this window, there are a bunch of dimensions pertaining to the tool and a picture of what the tool looks like. From what you stated above, I would expect that your tool picture would not be displayed and that there would be a red "X" over the box...

To remedy this situation, you'll have to adjust the dimensions in the box until Mastercam is no longer confused about what the tool is supposed to look like.

I think they may have added another length parameter or something and the value is "0" by default which causes a conflict. It's been a while though so I may be a little off here...

Hope this helps... :cheers:

I deleted all the machine definitions and posts that I added, reset everything to the default mill. Ran through a couple drawings , changed it back to my machine and post. Opened up a couple of files - so far so good.

I still have to work out the tooling library - but one step at a time...

Thanks