585,708 active members*
3,869 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Servo spindle motor characteristics

Servo spindle motor characteristics

Hi,
    I am new here. I am wanting to build an epoxy granite benchmill. Looking for a spindle I came across this graph.
    Is that correct?
    The source of the graph is here: https://cncrouterinfo.com/reviews/wh...le-aliexpress/
    The actual spindles are here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...martRedirect=y
    I don’t see where he got the torque values.
    My queries are:
    1. Does the 8 pole servo have better torque than the equivalent 4 pole servo?
    2. For the same rpm, say 12 000rpm, is the frequency to the 8 pole motor 2X that of the 4 pole?
    3. At the same rpm, say 12 000rpm, does the 8 pole give more torque than the 4 pole?
    4. Both servos are shown being able to run at 1 500rpm with good torque. Is that valid?

I shall probably be asleep when most of you see this.

Re: Servo spindle motor characteristics

Hi, I'm the owner of the website. The torque values com from the manufacturer.

My queries are:
    1. Does the 8 pole servo have better torque than the equivalent 4 pole servo? -> yes for the same size and same type of motor
    2. For the same rpm, say 12 000rpm, is the frequency to the 8 pole motor 2X that of the 4 pole? -> yes -> physics
    3. At the same rpm, say 12 000rpm, does the 8 pole give more torque than the 4 pole? -> yes, physics
    4. Both servos are shown being able to run at 1 500rpm with good torque. Is that valid? -> it is all relative, but a normal 2.2KW 2 pole one does like 0.7Nm at peak rpm as i showed in my post. At low rpm it is a multiple of that.

Re: Servo spindle motor characteristics

Hi Spikee,
    Many thanks for the reply. I, in fact, found the spindle & it was when I was Googling for user feedback that I found your YouTube of the run out. That then led me to your review.
    That a 8 pole servo has more torque than a 4 pole is not what I had anticipated. My inclination would have been to go for the 4 pole because I want to be able to drill (& tap if my control permits) steel. I have not seen the torque values on the Lusintun website. Looking at your graphs made me appreciate that double the number of magnetic attractions should result in increased torque & made me come here to ask for clarification and confirmation.

You are welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph-malan View Post
    Hi Spikee,
    Many thanks for the reply. I, in fact, found the spindle & it was when I was Googling for user feedback that I found your YouTube of the run out. That then led me to your review.
    That a 8 pole servo has more torque than a 4 pole is not what I had anticipated. My inclination would have been to go for the 4 pole because I want to be able to drill (& tap if my control permits) steel. I have not seen the torque values on the Lusintun website. Looking at your graphs made me appreciate that double the number of magnetic attractions should result in increased torque & made me come here to ask for clarification and confirmation.