585,737 active members*
4,803 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Kwik Switch 200 tooling

Hi, I have just finished a retrofit on an R2E3 with Kwik Switch 200 taper. I need to find some tooling for it. Especially a 1 Jacobs taper arbor and a shell mill arbor.
    I have some shell mills with a .778" pilot, I don't even know what this is, it doesn't seem like a standard size in either imperial or metric. Does this ring a bell with anyone?
    There is some stuff on eBay, but not a whole lot. Searching other tool distributors doesn't show a lot or the prices are sky high. I need to convert over as much of my old R8 tooliing as possible.
    Thanks much in adavance,
    Jon

Re: Kwik Switch 200 tooling

KwikSwitch 200 tooling is somewhat obsolete, but it still shows up if you're patient. I don't think you can convert R8 to it, though. R8 requires a drawbar; KS200 is a twist-lock system that requires an air cylinder to lock it in place (or at least mine does). Keep seaching; it's out there.
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    KwikSwitch 200 tooling is somewhat obsolete, but it still shows up if you're patient. I don't think you can convert R8 to it, though. R8 requires a drawbar; KS200 is a twist-lock system that requires an air cylinder to lock it in place (or at least mine does). Keep seaching; it's out there.
    Right, I am just looking for arbors that fit the Kwik switch 200 spindle taper and can take my Jacobs chucks and shell mills. I have managed to get some collet chucks and end mill holders already.
    My Kwik switch spindle is totally manual, you just twist the nut and the the holder drops out, then insert the new holder and the nut clamps it back in by a spring. I have removed the spindle brake air cylinder and rigged a catch that allows me to clamp the spindle to work the nut, so I don't need the air compressor on.
    Thanks,
    Jon

And, I am STILL looking for Kwik Switch 200 tooling. I have a FEW collet chucks and end mill holders. I am looking for a 2 or 3" face mill, but the pickings on eBay are real slim and very expensive.
    I've searched for equipment auctions and found a few that closed months or years ago, but no current auctions. Anybody have any KS200 tooling to sell, or know where to look?
    Thanks,
    Jon