585,722 active members*
4,228 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Hypertherm Plasma > Hypertherm 260XD (no arc transfer #21)

Exclamation Hypertherm 260XD (no arc transfer #21)

good morning forum. I have tried to reach out to the company that originally sold us this machine that came with the hypertherm 260xd but have yet to hear back from them. it's been 3 days (thanks voortman) my problem is this: i was running fine. then my machine went to do a hole on the beam i was cutting and it left it looking ugly. so i knew it was time to change consumables. i did just that and when i went to finish the beam, i got that error "No Arc Transfer #21" naturally i restarted my machine. changed the consumables again. tried 80amp then tried 130amp. nothing. no arc transfer. i even bought a new torch head and quick disconnect. not cheap at all. but that wasn't the problem either way. ive hit a dead end. this as far as ive gotten with the company (voortman) and their "costumer service" the torch will arc after i put new consumbles and one thing i noticed is that it burns them. it burns the nozzle and the electrode. even tho im using the correct amps and consumables for that amp. any help or suggestions will be very much appreciated. thanks.

Re: Hypertherm 260XD (no arc transfer #21)

We had a similar problem with our 130XD and found that the workpiece was not grounding on the table (because the slats realy needed to be changed), to get over it quickly we attached a separate earth/ground lead and it worked fine. What it looks like on your pictures is that for whatever reason the arc is only establishing between the electrode & the nozzle and not transfering to the workpiece hence the black burning of your consumables.

Quote Originally Posted by rickycash View Post
    good morning forum. I have tried to reach out to the company that originally sold us this machine that came with the hypertherm 260xd but have yet to hear back from them. it's been 3 days (thanks voortman) my problem is this: i was running fine. then my machine went to do a hole on the beam i was cutting and it left it looking ugly. so i knew it was time to change consumables. i did just that and when i went to finish the beam, i got that error "No Arc Transfer #21" naturally i restarted my machine. changed the consumables again. tried 80amp then tried 130amp. nothing. no arc transfer. i even bought a new torch head and quick disconnect. not cheap at all. but that wasn't the problem either way. ive hit a dead end. this as far as ive gotten with the company (voortman) and their "costumer service" the torch will arc after i put new consumbles and one thing i noticed is that it burns them. it burns the nozzle and the electrode. even tho im using the correct amps and consumables for that amp. any help or suggestions will be very much appreciated. thanks.

so i was able to figure this out. the metering console was the problem. so behind the metering console is a ground wire, next to this wire is a cable that plugs into the metering console. this had broken before so every time my torch would move to make the cut, it would move that little piece of cable and then fault out. i secured the cable and tried it again and its been working fine. knock on wood. i didn't do anything else so im assuming the cable was the problem to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Simonh1959 View Post
    We had a similar problem with our 130XD and found that the workpiece was not grounding on the table (because the slats realy needed to be changed), to get over it quickly we attached a separate earth/ground lead and it worked fine. What it looks like on your pictures is that for whatever reason the arc is only establishing between the electrode & the nozzle and not transfering to the workpiece hence the black burning of your consumables.
    your comment put in the path to figuring this out since i started reading the manual and the metering console has ground connected, pointed me to noticing a cable that was next to the ground wire was lose. thanks man.